"Dig Down"...

I don't know why, but to me a title like this doesn't give off encouraging vibes about how the song will sound.

I'll be extremely happy to be proved otherwise.

It's not like "Showbiz" or "The Groove" are exactly inviting songtitles. Judge the song, not the tittle.

It's not like "Showbiz" or "The Groove" are exactly inviting songtitles. Judge the song, not the tittle.

I've given out my impressions about the title, in fact. No definitive judgements about the track.

EDIT: And I'd beg to differ on The Groove: if I still didn't know how the song sounds like, I would attracted nonetheless. It all comes down to personal tastes.

Was hoping for Monday or Tuesday not next Thursday :(

Also how are people already upset about the song based on the title? If there was a song on Showbiz or Origin called Dig Down no one would bat an eye

I'm happy about Thursday... As it happens to be my 40th birthday!

This board never ceases to amaze me... It's a title! Let's see what the song is like.

Yeah, you can't judge the quality of the song by the quality of the title. I mean, look at HTAILY and Screenager and definitely not Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever).

Honestly though, my thoughts on it don't go past 'huh, bit different'. It's hardly awful so I'm not really bothered.

Edit: So, basically, to their credit, Muse are decent at building up a release when they can be arsed. It just hasn't felt like they have been with this one. Even now, the BTS videos don't really offer enough to actually get hyped about, other than one 'coming soon' graphic.

Tbh if this is just one song and not tied to a full release, i imagine the label wouldn't think a massive press tour or similar would be necessary. Or maybe if there is a new EP / greatest hits type deal coming, releasing this will bring more hype?

"Dig Down"...

I don't know why, but to me a title like this doesn't give off encouraging vibes about how the song will sound.

I'll be extremely happy to be proved otherwise.

Then you have "Revolt", "Resistance" and "Madness", titles suggested a more serious rock songs and they ended up being cheeseburgers.

Nonetheless - I don't have high hopes when it comes to anything concerning new-Muse.

about: picking one's ass

Gonna need a new tour gimmick to replace the nip-rub.

Edit: Made a goof thinking the title was 'Dig Deep' instead of 'Dig Down'.

That "Coming Soon" writing in the end of the teaser looks like new retrowave in design.

The 8th of May called, it wants it's observation back.

Edited by Jobby

Well its nice to have momentum on it.

Not sure about the title - could either be cheese or a hair-metal type thing. But then you can't really tell that much from the title in normal circumstances - when we've had those "predict the song from the title" threads, I usually get everything massively wrong.

Also, dem outfits:

tumblr_opsm3ceQvE1qczxa6o1_540.jpg

Y'know what, I hope Muse do a Paramore and just embrace the pop.

Replicants, the lot of them. :chuckle:

I like Dom's suit, mind.

Innit, white suits ain't easy to work so mad props to Dom for looking fly af.

Regardless of what the song ends up being like, the style choices already look like they're miles ahead of the Drones-era ones. I got so used to the black and grey, my eyes feel like how I do when I jump in the shower after a 5-day festival camp.

God, I really hope this single is some proper out-and-out summer pop now.