It makes sense. Trailer just released, touring with 30StM... Jared Leto is in the film...

That's pretty loose though :LOL:

Film's not out until October so it'd be a bit preemptive to release an attached single 5 months in advance. Muse would be a weird choice for Blade Runner as well.

Imagine if it was a spiritual sequel to Revolt.. sad thing is - it's not unlikely.

Innit, the last thing we need is another spiritual sequel that's nowhere near as good as the OG song.

Reddit predicts that it might be a song for the new Bladerunner film, which makes sense and in my opinion is fine. But they also wonder whether it is a colab with 30STM - GOD I HOPE NOT.
Yeah that was mentioned on the last page. But personally I doubt it. Especially the collab.

Reddit predicts that it might be a song for the new Bladerunner film, which makes sense and in my opinion is fine. But they also wonder whether it is a colab with 30STM - GOD I HOPE NOT.

It won't be, I think the idea's just in people's heads 'cos another trailer came out the other day but there isn't actually anything connecting them to it. God knows where the idea of a collab is coming from.

Maybe they just noticed the rising popularity of this kind of music and wanted to hop on a train, just like Unsustainable in 2012. Second clip looks more promising, that dude with "headgear" in first one was super weird.

Yeah, I've only seen Blade Runner once but Muse reeeally wouldn't fit.

Not sure where the 'it makes sense' thought process is coming from :chuckle:

I didn't mention a collab. I said it's very coincidental that they're touring with 30StM..... And Jared Leto happens to be a cast member in the new film.

Second clip looks more promising, that dude with "headgear" in first one was super weird.

Really? I was less into it if anything tbh, with the whole 'generic hot woman in mucky combat gear' thing.

I didn't mention a collab. I said it's very coincidental that they're touring with 30StM..... And Jared Leto happens to be a cast member in the new film.

Is it though? Jared's an actor, that's just what he does. The fact that Muse are touring with his band for a bit is a pretty tenuous link. Plus, he keeps his music stuff separate from his acting tmk.

Is it though? Jared's an actor, that's just what he does. The fact that Muse are touring with his band for a bit is a pretty tenuous link. Plus, he keeps his music stuff separate from his acting tmk.

Probably, cogs whirring away creating tenuous links. The reality is nobody knows until they outright release whatever it is.

Yeah, I've only seen Blade Runner once but Muse reeeally wouldn't fit.

Not sure where the 'it makes sense' thought process is coming from :chuckle:

I absolutely love original Blade Runner and am big fan of Vangelis - Muse of course wouldn't fit. I was thinking more of a promo song, not actually used in the movie.

I think it kind of makes sense, because of the timing; Muse teaser dropped just a day after the BR2049 trailer, Jared is starring in it and BTS suggests 80s vibe. Of course I might be reading too much into it.

But the trailer for Blade Runner has already been released. Are they gonna release something new in a few days to combine it with Muse's music video which they seem to be producing themselves?

Really? I was less into it if anything tbh, with the whole 'generic hot woman in mucky combat gear' thing.

Honestly, my biggest concern was that the video seems to imply a theme too close to what they already attempted with Drones.

I can't speak for anything really recent, but Jared used to refuse to talk about movie stuff at 30STM related things or sign non-band stuff, and get a bit cranky when people persisted.

He definitely had a desire for his music to be taken seriously and not seen as a silly side project from an actor.

Please don't suck.

There really is a lot of pressure doing a one song release. If that song sucks, it's a much bigger deal. Was always one of the reasons I thought Matt would never go through with it despite talking about it all the time.

is/was NSC really that bad?

any redeeming qualities?

One clearly isn't played on the guitar, though, right? Or am I thinking of the wrong trailer.

tbh, though, the movie soundtrack would explain why they're doing a random song release.

The Leto connection would be an odd coincidence, though.

Imagine if they did a collab with Gunship or Perturbator :facemelt:

That would be one of the few types of collabs that I wouldn't mind.

And I *could* see an OoS/Hullabaloo era-style of Muse song working with Blade Runner, but I'd be surprised if the new song had any connection to it.