According to this person who talked to Matt at Coachella on Friday, we can expect "a single coming out soon".

But how soon is soon?

Supposedly Matt said (or the fan hazily assumed) beginning of summer. That can be June 21st in a literal sense, but hoping for earlier than that, like say...oh...May 20th in West Palm Beach! :D

Basically what we already knew from Muse's official instagram.

According to this person who talked to Matt at Coachella on Friday, we can expect "a single coming out soon".

But how soon is soon?

Supposedly Matt said (or the fan hazily assumed) beginning of summer. That can be June 21st in a literal sense, but hoping for earlier than that, like say...oh...May 20th in West Palm Beach! :D

Yeah, at this point they'll almost surely play the new single during the first gig.

It won't happen in this case, but how would the board feel if Muse did a complete surprise album drop sooner than their normal cycle?

Umm, depends if it's good or meh. If it's TR/T2L/Drones-tier, please for the love of god no, but if there's some actually fresh and good stuff, why the fuck not?

Not sure what is happening here. A shorter album cycle at this point could only be done by getting rid of all the things between finishing the album and releasing it, so it wouldn't actually have anything to do with the quality. And besides, we wouldn't know the subjective quality of the songs until it was after it was released, so I'm confused about what hypothetical scenario is even discussed here.

If Muse write another album in the tier of Drones and T2L, how quickly they release it won't matter.

It won't happen in this case, but how would the board feel if Muse did a complete surprise album drop sooner than their normal cycle?

Not worth discussing since a whole surprise album just isn't happening. They said they've got 3 songs recorded & that lines up with the amount of time spent in studio in London. So it's only worth discussing the timing of releasing these 3 songs. By what Matt's said, it'll be one single at a time, which makes sense nowadays, & may as well try something different from the dying album-every-3-years format.

So I say-

1 song now (early May at this point) played on US/Can summer tour

2nd song August leading up to R/L

3rd song either keep in the vault till album time or release in late fall to tide fans over while they record more or take more time off.

Supposedly Matt said (or the fan hazily assumed) beginning of summer.

Makes me sad that I actually don't care at all anymore. The minimal info/teases worked at first but after nigh on 5 months of things getting progressively quieter? Don't know how some of you are still so up for it :chuckle:

Maybe I'm taking this out of nothing but the hype doesn't really feel like it's there from the band to me, think that might have something to do with it. 3 posts from Matt since December and 3 from Dom since January, nowt from Tom or Chris (who's pretty silent on social media tbf). Feels like they're more interested in their holidays than the upcoming music/tour.

The build-up and anticipation to an album release is usually one of the most fun parts of any given Muse era nowadays, so nah for me. Guess it could be worth wondering whether a completely out-of-the-blue release would lead to less disappointment over the final product though, since there'd be no expectations from descriptions/track titles/audio clips etc.

So I say-

1 song now (early May at this point) played on US/Can summer tour

2nd song August leading up to R/L

3rd song either keep in the vault till album time or release in late fall to tide fans over while they record more or take more time off.

One of them may well just be a b-side tbf. Could even end up being two.

Not worth discussing since a whole surprise album just isn't happening. They said they've got 3 songs recorded & that lines up with the amount of time spent in studio in London. So it's only worth discussing the timing of releasing these 3 songs. By what Matt's said, it'll be one single at a time, which makes sense nowadays, & may as well try something different from the dying album-every-3-years format.

That's why I said "It won't happen in this case".

I'm more asking wondering if the board would excitedly freak out or be really nervous at them doing something different from their normal cycle. Of course it would depend on the quality of the songs, and that wasn't the question.

Wow, maybe rumors that are always false eventually do come true.

Yay acoustic Muse!

I mean, he did post a pic back in December saying that he writing with an acoustic so it's not much of a surprise.

That custom looks a big ugly though, Manson shape doesn't go well with it imo.