And I *could* see an OoS/Hullabaloo era-style of Muse song working with Blade Runner, but I'd be surprised if the new song had any connection to it.

I always thought that Micro Cuts, with its sort of menacing guitar, would fit as an intro song for some neo-noir move/show/game.

So to add to this Blade Runner speculation, the
at around 1:36 sounds kind of similar to the instagram video from a few weeks ago. I guess we'll maybe find out soon enough.

I really don't know what you're hearing.

Guys, it's nothing to do with Blade Runner :LOL:

Hm, Muse recorded 3 songs so far - 1 heavy and 2 not so much. I'm guessing that the one that they're teasing is the latter. And it makes me wonder - what is 'heavy' by Matt's terms? :p

Apparently he only said 'kind of' heavy, so I wouldn't expect much. If it was in any way out-and-out heavy, he'd make a bigger deal out of it I reckon.

Muse can't even do hype properly ffs

The build-up for this single has been shite/inconsistent at best for months tbf. My hype died ages ago.

A subredditer claims that a radio station announced they'll premiere the new song next week. I don't know how much truth there's in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/6aewri/new_music_next_week_according_to_987/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5350014926

Probs Monday then, thought so.

Is it wrong I'm still yet to see the original Blade Runner?

I'm terrible at being behind everyone else for pop culture stuff. :chuckle: I meant to go see the film when they had those anniversary screenings in the cinema a while back but forgot about it, then bought it on DVD for my brother for Christmas and forgot about that too.

On topic, Monday does seem about right, although I'd have been more interested if it was a surprise release like New Kind of Kick was. But I'm guessing we're now kinda anticipating this'll be a one-off single rather than part of a 3 new track EP, right?

On topic, Monday does seem about right, although I'd have been more interested if it was a surprise release like New Kind of Kick was. But I'm guessing we're now kinda anticipating this'll be a one-off single rather than part of a 3 new track EP, right?

It could be like Coldplay did; releasing a single with a release date for the EP. Of course, they had announced there would be an EP prior to the single, but who knows?

Muse have hardly been competent at communicating with their fans announced bout this latest project.

It could be like Coldplay did; releasing a single with a release date for the EP. Of course, they had announced there would be an EP prior to the single, but who knows?

Muse have hardly been competent at communicating with their fans announced bout this latest project.

Quite possibly.

Yeah I don't think there's been much of an official announcement beyond the last 2 week's publicity showing of going "New one coming soon".

But I'm guessing we're now kinda anticipating this'll be a one-off single rather than part of a 3 new track EP, right?

God knows, I think that's the safest assumption to avoid disappointment since we've been given no reason to expect more than one song as things stand. Other two could be b-sides, released as separate singles throughout the year or scrapped altogether for all we know.

Personally, I'm still hopeful for the three singles + staggered release thing, one for each 'section' of the tour (May/June, July/Aug, Sep). Would be a way for Matt to try out that form of releasing music like he's been talking about for years as well.

Is it wrong I'm still yet to see the original Blade Runner?

I'm terrible at being behind everyone else for pop culture stuff. :chuckle: I meant to go see the film when they had those anniversary screenings in the cinema a while back but forgot about it, then bought it on DVD for my brother for Christmas and forgot about that too.

I am actually gonna see it tomorrow for the first time to see what all the fuss is about :LOL:

I only just saw it for the first time a few months ago so don't worry, if we're uncultured swines that at least we're not alone :chuckle:

Muse know just as well how to kill hype. Remember when first songs from 'back to roots' Drones were mediocore and banal 'Psycho' and totally un-back-to-roots 'Dead Inside'?

On the other hand - thanks to not knowing The Handler prior to album release, it made the album sound better at first listen than it actually was.

Muse know just as well how to kill hype. Remember when first songs from 'back to roots' Drones were mediocore and banal 'Psycho' and totally un-back-to-roots 'Dead Inside'?

On the other hand - thanks to not knowing The Handler prior to album release, it made the album sound better at first listen than it actually was.

We also heard Reapers before Dead Inside, just obvs not the studio version. So two out of the three songs released were 'back-to-basics rock'. Even Dead Inside fit the description of being stripped back, it just wasn't rawk. Plus, there were the clips of studio stuff like The Globalist and Defector solos that kept people pretty hyped.

Edit: So, basically, to their credit, Muse are decent at building up a release when they can be arsed. It just hasn't felt like they have been with this one. Even now, the BTS videos don't really offer enough to actually get hyped about, other than one 'coming soon' graphic.

Edited by Jobby