Any footage?

They still didn't play arenas there, right?

They opened with KoC at "my" show in 2007. When riff started it was chaos. Slayer would be proud on that many moshpits :LOL:

Nope no arenas back then, this was a pretty large outdoor venue but no where near the capacity of an arena.

And yup they opened with JFK + KoC at my

Show too, unbelievable. They also played Sunburn, bliss,

City of delusion, and opened the encore with Microcuts, not a bad first Muse gig lol :)

Nope no arenas back then, this was a pretty large outdoor venue but no where near the capacity of an arena.

And yup they opened with JFK + KoC at my

Show too, unbelievable. They also played Sunburn, bliss,

City of delusion, and opened the encore with Microcuts, not a bad first Muse gig lol :)

Oh yeah. That's clearly better than one guy in front row wobbling his head like it is now

Late on the song comments, but I've seen Muse 14 times since 2010, and Stockholm Syndrome has never been stale for the times I've seen it. In fact, KROQ's Weenie Roast last year was the first time they did NOT play it, and I was kind of disappointed (though they did play Reapers "in its place," which I was more than happy as a trade-off at the time). Would have loved to have heard it at least one of my three LA/LA/SD shows. It's in my top 5 favorite Muse songs and perfectly defines epic Muse IMO.

Muse is my favorite band, so I don't find seeing them so many times to be stale. Having seen three shows where they didn't have much rotation has made me reconsider how often I'll see them per tour, now, but I was pretty happy with seeing them twice per tour cycle on the Resistance and Second Law tours. Maybe part of it making up for being too young/not independent enough to see them earlier in my life.

I'm more bummed about the fact that only one of my five favorite Muse songs gets played regularly (Supermassive Black Hole, New Born, Bliss, Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased). And seriously... bring back New Born!!! :LOL: :LOL: :(

JFK + We Are The Universe + Interlude + Man With the Harmonica + Panic Station.

Let's make it happen!

I've made a similar joke, but it was something like:

Dance of the Knights -> Drones -> Prelude -> JFK -> Interlude -> (Apocalypse Please) Intro -> [song du Jour] ;)

It's funny (and depressing at the same time) how many of you had been at several Muse gigs (props for the 60's gigs guy) and still complain for everything... many here on SA waits years, almost decades, only for 1 show (only a few of us has the resources to go outside for more gigs, even in the same continent)... :(

It's funny (and depressing at the same time) how many of you had been at several Muse gigs (props for the 60's gigs guy) and still complain for everything... many here on SA waits years, almost decades, only for 1 show (only a few of us has the resources to go outside for more gigs, even in the same continent)... :(

Don't try to bring common sense here, we don't need that bulls**t.

The crowd in Vienna was dreadful. I got properly mad in the beginning during Psycho. Even crowd at Rock Werchter was better and Muse were the last band in 4 day festival

Ok, the crowd in Vienna. As it was my first Muse concert I wasn't sure what to expect. I was surprised that we had so much space around us! I was standing at the barrier, on the side of the piano (had a great view of Matt playing, watching his fingers work the piano, when I stood on my tiptoes :LOL:) I am used to be stuck in a sardin can in the first rows :p so this was perfecly fine for me.

During the first couple of songs hardly anyone was moving or jumping around us, I raised my head to have a look on the other side of the stage and some jumping was going on, but not together, so this is really the stage problem. I was happy that there were not loads of mobiles up in the air all the time.

But the audience was singing their hearts out during the famous songs and even Map or Take a bow got loads of cheers from the beginning.

I had a great time, I don't need moshpits but if they happen, nice. There are various ways to get into the songs (like we discussed a million times before here ;) )

The people on the seats, pfff...I had a look up there from time to time, some were dancing, most of them were sitting I think. Oh well...

But I always think... well, there might not be another album or tour, most bands stop, and even if there is it won't be for another 3 years, and life's short etc you gotta do these things while you can :)

This is me. I'm a massive Queen fan, but I was 10 in 1986 and my mum decided I was too young to go and see them at the huge stadium gigs they played on the Magic Tour, even with my dad to look after me. Next time, she said.

:stunned:

I mean I've seen Brian May and Roger Taylor solo twice each and them with Adam Lambert twice but it's not exactly the same. Now I know I COULD have seen Muse many times in the past but there are reasons I didn't (money, nasty controlling boyfriend, going slightly mad) but now I have re-discovered them and they have become my joint favourite band I am going to watch the shit out of their shows. I was so pissed off that I could only catch them once on this tour because the UK leg clashed absolutely perfectly with my going on holiday (it's like they planned it...)

I did have a point to this but I've lost it along the way, sorry. :$

Think I've said before that I find it hard to get hyped over DVDs unless it's something special (Psycho Tour, Zepp etc.) at this point. Otherwise it's just gonna be the same group of hits performed in the same way + 5/6 songs from Drones.

Think I've said before that I find it hard to get hyped over DVDs unless it's something special (Psycho Tour, Zepp etc.) at this point. Otherwise it's just gonna be the same group of hits performed in the same way + 5/6 songs from Drones.

Yup. The last release was boring as fuck.

I know the 360 stage is rather cool and all but do they really need to film another DVD? Won't it just seem commercial and fake like the Rome DVD?

It is commercial. That's the point of it.

I have zero interest in DVDs of live shows.

Very pleased they've picked Corrino to record it. They've recorded a bunch of shows for a band I worked with and they always look pretty amazing - so even if it's a shit setlist, at least it'll look nice :LOL:

Guess they're probably recording tonight and tomorrow... Hope they pick some decent songs this time around.

The setlist of night 1 was really great, night 2 have Supremacy and Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe they'll throw a couple of rarities every night (Assassin, Butterflies, Sunburn...) and then pack it "Night 1 + Extras". The final product will be outstanding.