I'd have seen them more if I was capable of it. Not at my limit either.

I stopped counting at 50, then saw 3 Psychos and 5 Drones. So into the 60s I think. :$

But I always think... well, there might not be another album or tour, most bands stop, and even if there is it won't be for another 3 years, and life's short etc you gotta do these things while you can :)

I've done one a year on average (2 in 2013, but 0 in 2014), and I think I would've seen more if it wasn't for a few factors (not able to do more Resistance shows, being too tired for Emirates night 2, bottling going to Download, failing to get another O2 ticket this year).

I find Starlight stale but then I'm also fairly same on record - that background looping synth in the track should be louder, plus Matt not playing guitar is silly. Most of it I'm still on board with - TIRO and Knights are still excellent live, and after being meh in Brighton, Uprising & SMBH were surprisingly good. MOTP is also still great. Also annoyed to have caught Resistance/UD more than Stockholm and Bliss (and also New Born but I've only seen Matt play the piano once), but par for the course for post-09 fans.

Amazing how many times some people see bands. I think I've seen a band 4 times at the most. But then again I WOULD like to see them again, so I guess I haven't really reached my limit.

Twice per album tour I'd say is the limit. A big gig and a small one

Now I'm old enough to have the money and freedom, my general plan is one normal gig (per album/tour) and then any shows I can get to where I feel something special might happen. Mainly with the logic that there'll come a day where the band'll quit and any songs I haven't seen will stay that way, so I don't like to let any opportunities slip.

...plus I haven't really got any other hobbies to spend my money on :LOL:

Edited by Jobby

After seeing them 18 times and Stockholm 15 times it's still a huge favourite of mine. Every time I think "will it be as good this time?" I continue to get blown away. Should be played at every show without question.

Manchester 2010/2013 and Wembley 2007/10 remain personal highlights, blistering performances and amazing crowds. Perfect.

Etihad 2013 SS was incredible!

I've seen them five times, and from the 2nd gig (first was TR second leg, second was T2L first leg,) there were songs where I felt like I was just waiting for them to be over and get on to a different one.

So, songs feeling "stale" to me is more based on the fact that I just plain don't like many of Muse's post-Abso and pre-Drones singles.

The band is too diverse for stuff like Starlight, SMBH, Resistance, UD, Madness, etc - which are all rather similar comparatively - to be a good representation of the band, and sadly it's felt like all the band has thrown at the radio since '09.

By this time, there's just too much of that stuff that I don't enjoy even on the album, and all of the stuff I love is ignored entirely (in the US.)

I've seen a few other bands over a dozen times (one band I've seen three times in the last six months or so, one twice within a month) and while most of those bands play nearly nothing but singles, those singles are representative of the band's catalogue, and include some of my favorite songs on the albums.

And even though the band has played these songs every single gig, they still bring a ton of energy and personality to them. I can't always say that for Muse.

I keep thinking I'd be happy to see any song I haven't seen at every gig I've been to... Then I remember stuff like Sober and Overdue exists.

Fillip / Sober / Overdue are the holy trinity of epic songs that would make setlists a million times better if Matt stopped pretending they didn't exist. :(

Fillip / Sober / Overdue are the holy trinity of epic songs that would make setlists a million times better if Matt stopped pretending they didn't exist. :(

This is not the controversial thread. :phu:

Actually I quite like Fillip, but think it would probably sound like balls with Matt's voice now.

Was going on about what songs I'll never get to see with my bf the other day, and realized I have a very sad, tiny list of stuff I'm broken up about never getting to see. And the majority of it is super reasonable and will never happen. (Bliss... :'( )

He raged on for about 20 minutes about the idiocy of not having SfA as a staple still. :love:

I've seen them 3 times. 2007, 2015 and 2016. The best live song for me is Hysteria. It's not in my top 20 studio tracks but live it was something else all 3 times.

The worst live song is probably Madness closely followed by Starlight. Dead Inside and Mercy should just replace them as better but similar songs (Dead Inside was really good both times) but I know it won't happen.

It definitely sounds great live no doubt, I just personally wouldn't lose any sleep if I never saw it again. Although the first time I saw them play it in 07 with about 4 giant most pits around me at once was pretty insane, ahh the good old muse crowds lol

It definitely sounds great live no doubt, I just personally wouldn't lose any sleep if I never saw it again. Although the first time I saw them play it in 07 with about 4 giant most pits around me at once was pretty insane, ahh the good old muse crowds lol

The crowd in Vienna was dreadful. I got properly mad in the beginning during Psycho. Even crowd at Rock Werchter was better and Muse were the last band in 4 day festival

The crowd in Vienna was dreadful. I got properly mad in the beginning during Psycho. Even crowd at Rock Werchter was better and Muse were the last band in 4 day festival

You should've been at one of the shows in the U.S. Lol. I partially blame it on the stage/floor design, and also blame it on the influx of "OMG I've heard of Muse they have that awesome song (talking about Madness or Uprising)" type of crowd

I don't remember seeing a good crowd in USA on footage of any band from this millennium :LOL:

Woodstock '94 and '99 weren't much different than South America but now it's just depressing and I've noticed the same trend in some parts of Europe :(

I don't remember seeing a good crowd in USA on footage of any band from this millennium :LOL:

Woodstock '94 and '99 weren't much different than South America but now it's just depressing and I've noticed the same trend in some parts of Europe :(

I promise Muse back in 07 was an insane crowd, I was only 14 or 15 and it was to the point I was genuinely scared for my well being, granted it was my first concert though lol

I promise Muse back in 07 was an insane crowd, I was only 14 or 15 and it was to the point I was genuinely scared for my well being, granted it was my first concert though lol

Any footage?

They still didn't play arenas there, right?

They opened with KoC at "my" show in 2007. When riff started it was chaos. Slayer would be proud on that many moshpits :LOL:

People aren't recording the good ones.