Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

I heard this song initially as part of a whole album listen. I had seen little bits of chatter that people hated it, but I wanted to listen to the whole album before joining the fray. After seriously disliking Defector, I was immediately cheered up by this one. I sat there with my wife and said, "I bet everyone the board was talking about Aftermath being the one they all hate, certainly not this."

Muse fans are a varied and fickle bunch.

I absolutely liked it on first listen.

I was thinking about that "thematically, it should be someone stomping their feet and rising up in anger" sentiment from pages ago, and agreed.

Was chatting about it to another album listener, who gave me this:

Why wouldn't you be happy if you've broken away from your oppression? If you're mad, and retaliatory, you might think you're fighting back, but you're actually still letting it control your emotions.

That's how The Globalist goes [person breaks free, but decides to take over the system and be in control,] and that one doesn't sound like it ends well.

The best thing you can do to "revolt" is live on your own terms the best you can, and fucking be happy with what little life you have. Find a way to influence others positively.

You're not really free if the situation is still exerting control on your emotions negatively.

Do I think this is the thought process behind Revolt? Fuck no.

But, I do have something to think about.

I was one of those who didn't like it at first and eventually changed my mind. It didn't take long either. My first time listening to it, I hated it at first but was undecided by the end of the song. After two or three more listens, I love it. I get why some people hate it, because it's so different and almost doesn't sound like Muse, but it's so catchy and uplifting that I can't help but like it.

The transformation happened sometime overnight, I now don't mind this song and was even humming along to it on the bus.

And do you know I had forgotten "in Your World" even existed! I rediscovered it yesterday...what a revelation that was.

I still have mixed feelings about this one, it might be a "so bad it's good" for me. I know it's pretty bland and ridiculous, but there's something so old-fashioned Muse that makes me quite like it, it could be because I actually do like those Showbiz songs that everyone seems to dislike.

I still have mixed feelings about this one, it might be a "so bad it's good" for me. I know it's pretty bland and ridiculous, but there's something so old-fashioned Muse that makes me quite like it, it could be because I actually do like those Showbiz songs that everyone seems to dislike.

Love Overdue. Quite like this one in the same way (although admittedly it did have to grow on me)

I really like it, reminds me a little bit of Fillip. I'd go as far as saying this probably the most Showbiz sounding track out of the lot.

erm, Handler

I really like Revolt but I'm not getting the Showbiz comparisons. Can someone elaborate?

No I don't either really, the only thing I will say is that it's a bit like Overdue in terms of just being a fun track with crap lyrics

erm, Handler

No I don't either really, the only thing I will say is that it's a bit like Overdue in terms of just being a fun track with crap lyrics

For me The Handler is more Absolution. We all got our different views/opinions I suppose, but that's how they come across to me.

Edited by Muse_Maniac