Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

Revolt is the highlight of the second half of the album.

Well, as I said in the other thread:

So, after listening to the album a number of times, I'm starting to hate Revolt more and more. It makes less and less sense with each listen.

In Defector, the main character starts taking back control of his life. This carries on into Revolt, where he fights against the dark forces that have been controlling him. With that in mind, Revolt should be the angriest fucking song on the album, not this cheery, generic bullshit. Revolt should be the song where the main character is just stomping ass and kicking down doors. That would make much more sense when it then transitions into Aftermath, making the contrast stronger and making that song feel like an actual aftermath.

The second half of the album suffers from a lot of problems, but Revolt is the one song that completely ruins it. The second half could be infinitely stronger if Revolt just made some goddamn sense.

It's the worst song they've ever done even aside from all that.

You used to be alright, what happened?

He hates Glorious and yet Revolt is considered a highlight. Clunge can't be trusted.

Revolt is frightful, far and away the worst thing on the album..and probably the worst thing matt has ever written and there have been some horrors:(

Loving the rest of it though so will forgive him & just miss it out on my listeny headphone contraption thingy.

I'm still convinced that people forced themselves to like this...

Almost everyone disliked it on their initial hearing! It's akin to hearing a crappy pop song by Katy Perry and then eventually liking it because you've heard it so many times on the radio or TV etc

I liked it on my first listen. People just have different tastes. It's Aftermath that I had to warm up to more so than Revolt. I'm not saying it's my favorite Muse song (not by a long shot) but it's just really fun and it makes me smile. Not quite sure the music fits tonally with what the lyrics are trying to convey, but that doesn't ruin the song for me.

I'm still convinced that people forced themselves to like this...

Almost everyone disliked it on their initial hearing! It's akin to hearing a crappy pop song by Katy Perry and then eventually liking it because you've heard it so many times on the radio or TV etc

Didn't even dislike it on my first listen.

Went into it expecting it to be utter wank going by what people here had been saying and I guess it just never lived up to that. It was poppy and kinda cheesy, sure, but it wasn't offensively bad. Then, one night, I was feeling really shitty, this came on and cheered me up tenfold. Loved it ever since.