Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

I honestly do not understand this song. The other songs are pretty dark, talk about the protagonist being brainwashed and fighting back. Then this song makes it sound like he is a teenager. It is way too joyous: "how did we get in so much trouble, getting out just seems impossible." This just doesn't seem to fit with the tone of the first half.

Muse is at their best with the darker material. It is a shame they feel they have to write these poppy songs to keep up with today's society.

I honestly do not understand this song. The other songs are pretty dark, talk about the protagonist being brainwashed and fighting back. Then this song makes it sound like he is a teenager. It is way too joyous: "how did we get in so much trouble, getting out just seems impossible." This just doesn't seem to fit with the tone of the first half.

'Cause it's not supposed to fit the tone of the first half. The first half of the album is about the protagonist's descent into brainwashing etc. while the second half is about escaping, being free of that and inspiring others to do so.

Yeah, he's already escaped at this point, and this one is trying to let others know it's okay to do the same.

And sure, this song is SUUUUUPER poppy and happy... but why does that have to mean it's juvenile...?

I mean, seriously, I'm a painfully cynical person, but that doesn't mean I think anyone else who isn't needs to grow up.

'Cause it's not supposed to fit the tone of the first half. The first half of the album is about the protagonist's descent into brainwashing etc. while the second half is about escaping, being free of that and inspiring others to do so.

I understand this and this is why I am so disappointed with the song. I feel the lyrics and tone belittle the supposed enormity of what the protagonist went through. He was supposedly brainwashed, performed horrible acts at the request of his handler and escaped. Revolt is supposed to be a battle cry for others to be the same. It should be strong, powerful and uplifting. Instead it sounds weak and completely loses the power of the first half of the album.

It's just my opinion but something along the lines of an Apocalypse Please at the beginning calling for others to fight and transitioning to a more uplifting piano tone would have fit better.

If they wanted to be theatrical I can't help of thinking of Les Mis, "Do you hear the people sing."

Is it great live? I know it's not the same being there than seeing some pro-shots, but as much as I love the song, I thought it was bland live... :(

Noo it was fantastic. The guitar is way heavier as well. The same with Mercy. The chorus saves it.