Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

According to the french interview I translated:

Revolt: Revolt cry from the hero, in the form of a power ballad. "Our liberty is not a tax, controlled by crazy people and drones.". The most pop sounding piece of the album very similar to With or Without You from U2. His voice is treated and sounds weird, also very strident and brutally high pitched. Arguably has the most catchy chorus of the album.

When he says treated he highly likely means Auto-tuned or something similar. Something was done to Matt's voice to make it weird (in the ears of the author of the article)

The most poppy song on the album. Are you ready?

Yep. So the mixed bag continues. This album definitely is going to be what we're used to the last 2 albums. 2 or 3 great songs. Alot of meh and poppyness else-where.

I had a feeling this would happen. I guess it explains my lack of hype this time around. The past two albums have been billed as something they're not, why would this be any different?

I mean Matt has repeatedly said that by going back to basics he just meant there will be more songs driven mainly by guitar, bass, and drums, and I would say that's pretty accurate.

Yeah, this.

And poppy or not, I just want a good song. Anyway it's not going to be electropop or something like that. I'll be okay with a really good pop rock song, and reviewer hasn't said anything about the quality of it. Just some comparisons (again) and something obscure about Matt's voice.

I mean Matt has repeatedly said that by going back to basics he just meant there will be more songs driven mainly by guitar, bass, and drums, and I would say that's pretty accurate.

And then proceeded to on several occasions describe it as raw (I guess can be interpreted multiple ways) but did also tweet "it's gonna get heavy" sounds like 3 songs might be heavy. You can count psycho and reapers also and make it 5 but those songs are so campy that they don't work for me I'm afraid. They're ok, not bad. But they aren't giving me the OMG MUSE! moment I've come to expect.

This sounds like the Big Freeze of this album to me. Throwaway title (literally a synonym for Uprising lol), poppy song, somewhere in the second half of the album but before the good closer stuff, no band member makes any mention of it...

Maybe they'll play it once or twice on tour and then just forget about it.