Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

I would like to carry the weight of this song on my shoulders & defend it to the grave. The only shocking thing about this song is the hate it's getting. I honestly don't get it!

It's grown on me but if I had to spend the rest of my life with it on my shoulders I don't think I'd have the strength or the soul to do anything but grow to revolt it all over again.

I found myself feeling nervous when this song rolled around.

I'm disappointed; it's actually super good. Made my dried up old lady heart actually feel a little happy for a few minutes.

Haha exactly how I felt! All the hate had me very concerned and then I was like "Am I listening to the same song as everyone else?"

Haha exactly how I felt! All the hate had me very concerned and then I was like "Am I listening to the same song as everyone else?"

My boyfriend managed to listen to this entire album before me (although he still usually claims to be only "meh" about Muse...) and he's been pestering me to listen to this one for days.

I asked him why, and told him the general response to this was it was somewhere between an affront to nature and a shit in the ears, and he actually didn't believe me. I had to show him.

It's actually been a really fun experience talking about all the songs with him one at a time.

(I forced him to listen to Psycho before me, and tell me how disappointed I would be. Don't know why I trust him, as he loves Survival.)

I admit the first time I heard it I was like... :rolleyes:. But, now, I took an exam in the morning, and I've found myself playing Revolt in repeat. It makes me happy and confident. I can revolt! :happy:

It's Big Freeze level happy, but I find Big Freeze annoys the piss out of me if I'm not already happy.

I had a shit day and, well, a shit night, and Revolt actually made me feel good... I'm rather impressed.

The power of music :happy:. This might be really the only Muse song that makes me happy. I can't stand Big Freeze, for example, it's too... U2. It's not that I don't like U2, but they let their music influences take their song. Revolt sounds like "happy"-Muse :LOL:

I didn't really read the board, or any fan reactions, after TR came out, because I was dealing with a very different sort of job at the time, and had almost no down time.

My first listen, I distinctly remember thinking Exo was amazing, but felt like an EP tacked onto the album; UD was good (and grew on me as time went on,) and GL was pretty amazing. The rest a bit "meh."

I thought the GL hate was an injoke I didn't get, at first.

After letting this song sorta marinate over the past few days, I've come to really enjoy listening to it. I just love the way they used different effects and samples like the police siren that plays in the background, even morphing with the tempo change. Plus that chorus, so infectious.

I admit the first time I heard it I was like... :rolleyes:. But, now, I took an exam in the morning, and I've found myself playing Revolt in repeat. It makes me happy and confident. I can revolt! :happy:

I listened to this right before an exam this morning too. and while it woke me up after minimal sleep, I just found I was singing along in my head instead of writing answers :p

I listened to this right before an exam this morning too. and while it woke me up after minimal sleep, I just found I was singing along in my head instead of writing answers :p

:LOL::LOL:. Well, it can have the contrary effect of what you really want, but, at least, it woke you up :LOL::LOL:

You know how sometimes you really want to like a song, but just don't? This has the opposite effect on me :LOL: It's just too infectious, helllp.

I didn't think they'd ever dabble into the Uplifting American High School Pop Punk genre, but there we go. It's certainly not bad for what it is, but I'm not too keen on "what it is".

You know how sometimes you really want to like a song, but just don't? This has the opposite effect on me :LOL: It's just too infectious, helllp.

I didn't think they'd ever dabble into the Uplifting American High School Pop Punk genre, but there we go. It's certainly not bad for what it is, but I'm not too keen on "what it is".

It reminds more of something Gerard Way could have written for My Chemical Romance in their last album :LOL::LOL:

Lyric video for this is coming on Monday, according to Dom. He said they've pretty much made them for every song on the album but they still have to record one for The Globalist :awesome: I'm expecting the video for this to be as cringeworthy as the song :LOL:

Great! I can't wait too see the Youtube reactions :LOL::LOL:

From my point of view, the verses remind me a lot of F.U.N.'s "We Are Young", with a contribution from Imagine Dragons.

Was walking along earlier with this song stuck in my head. I thought 'fuck', maybe I was wrong about Revolt.

Then I realised it was Defector I had stuck in my head, not Revolt.

Thus Revolt went from being a let down, to dope, then back to being a massive let down in the space of a few seconds. Extraordinary.