Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Yeah I guess the lyrics remind me somewhat of 90s Savage Garden nonsense.

the lyrics and melody are generic but imo I feel like where Matt went with the song is kind of a natural progression for it to go in. If Save Me wasn't a thing then that cascading guitar riff could've worked here I think

the lyrics and melody are generic but imo I feel like where Matt went with the song is kind of a natural progression for it to go in. If Save Me wasn't a thing then that cascading guitar riff could've worked here I think

Ooooh no.... Don't get me started with Save Me.

I don't feel Aftermath needs to be riffed. I just think it was headed someone extraordinary and then received a dose of cheese. Now.... don't get me wrong, me gusta queso, but I just could have used a little less.

Not a bad song all things considered. I'll listen to it when I'm feeling soft and squishy.

Edited by •am•

This song has U2 written all over it. Sounds like The Edge on guitar, never heard that kind of thing from Matt before. And the beginning sounds very similar to The Troubles - no bad thing, as I love that song.

Every time I've tried listening to the song, it just reminds me of a song that was played at a high school graduation that I had to sit through a few years ago. I'm not really a fan...I swear it sounds exactly like whatever that school played for their candle lighting ceremony lol

i do not get the negative coments on this song as I really like it.

With different lyrics it could have made a good final track.

I will prefer it to be quiet, as in the first 3 minutes. I actually like them a lot. But that last part is too... unnecessary :(

Damnit, anyone else wishes the verses were twice as long?

Like at 3:52 is like one of the most beautiful things I have heard from Muse, but it only last 10 seconds:(

Definitely! That verse in particular is way too short.

This song has really grown on me though. If you just zone out and take it all in, it really sounds great

Any song that sounds like U2 should be derided.

:mad: You know not everyone thinks U2 is crap....

That aside I think the ending shouldn't have been that group sing a-long thing it became (when Mutt Lange starts singing). Save that for the live shows; it doesn't belong on the album in my opinion. It's like the last album in Explorers when they add in the drums and bells...WHY?

Damnit, anyone else wishes the verses were twice as long?

Like at 3:52 is like one of the most beautiful things I have heard from Muse, but it only last 10 seconds:(

Yes, this. The verses are wonderful and the chorus is... not as wonderful :rolleyes: