Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

If the chorus didn't sound like God Bless America I'd really like this song. Also I wish they kept out that sing along at the end, sounds like a shitty awards show collaboration where Matt's desperately trying to out-sing everyone else

I'm loving it a lot. If Matt has to write ballads, I don't mind as long as they are like this

:yesey: I could imagine Blackout working well as a song after this one on the album. Love found again --> too good to be true, disappears --> protag compensates by lusting for power. Heck, Blackout could even replace Dead Inside.

:yesey: I could imagine Blackout working well as a song after this one on the album. Love found again --> too good to be true, disappears --> protag compensates by lusting for power. Heck, Blackout could even replace Dead Inside.

So that person offered enough insight for you? It's almost as if only those who disagree with you need to follow those rules.

I don't know about this song... Hasn't made me feel anything really. It might have, as I love the atmosphere in the intro, the guitar etc. and the first verse, but then yeah, basically this:

This one is weird. I love the intro guitar and the verses are alright... but that melody at "Now and forever" feels like I'm in fucking youth group.

Don't get me started on the sing-along at the end.

the intro/first verse start so well and then as soon as Matt sings "from this moment" it gets far too christian rock optimism for me and it ruins the whole thing, and don't get me started on the ending

between this and the country/christian rock vibes from revolt i'm pretty concerned about how much that music scene in america is influencing Matt :LOL: in saying that, both songs are growing on me

Feel weird about this one. Somewhat torn between my hatred of cheesy Christian Rock and my other part secretly liking this song.

Really dig the first 4:00 minutes, don't really like the chorus after it. Not at all actually.

First part 9/10 - last bit 4/10

Let's give it a 8/10 :p

Also I immediately got Rod Stewart vibes :LOL:

first time listening to it right now.

is it me or is matts voice slightly more in the foreground in a few songs (including this one)?

liking what i hear so far^^ really different for a muse song lol

rofl ahahaha i get the rod stewart comparison rofl

edit:

ok the last part is ripped of some song i know, maybe aerosmith - fly away from here, uses the same chord progression,

no i dont think its aerosmith, shit i know i know that track its VEEERY similiar too (rip off would of course imply an intention)

ok maybe it IS aerosmith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzy99gW3aZw

ok lol no it is only aerosmith in a small part, rest is someone different

Edited by kingcools

Haha the backing vocals in the last minutes are actually by Mutt Lange :D

ha nice, i wasnt sure if it was matt or chris (which i thought was the other possibility) because they sounded different haha nice catch, ty. had to think of US where i believed for a really long time that serj from SOAD did the last "OCEAN" part lol