Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

By far the worst song on the album for me. It's nearly 6 mins of utter tedium. There's no direction, nothing interesting musically, no interesting melodies, and painfully awful lyrics. It makes me want to hurt things. The only thing I like is the atmospheric intro. But that just makes what follows all the more disappointing.

The intro and verses are great. Chorus is meh.

Yep! Needed a stronger melody in the chorus. Then I would put this up there with one of the best songs Muse has ever done in the vein of Falling Away With You.

Edited by Redwingsrock

By far the worst song on the album for me. It's nearly 6 mins of utter tedium. There's no direction, nothing interesting musically, no interesting melodies, and painfully awful lyrics. It makes me want to hurt things. The only thing I like is the atmospheric intro. But that just makes what follows all the more disappointing.

I agree, the intro got me really excited for a nice mellow Blackout 2.0, but then it just went downhill and landed in NSC's leftovers

This one is weird. I love the intro guitar and the verses are alright... but that melody at "Now and forever" feels like I'm in fucking youth group.

Don't get me started on the sing-along at the end.

So much potential, but it just doesn't work for me.

People hating this song describe it with nouns, other song names, as if that even means anything. This board is always full of cutting edge insight :rolleyes:

:wtf:

Possibly because they don't have the grounding in musical theory to articulate precisely, in detail, what they're hearing, but they know exactly what it is so they decide to compare it to something else so other people go "oh yeah I get what you mean"?

Edited by spark_

:mellow:

Possibly because they don't have the grounding in musical theory to articulate precisely, in detail, what they're hearing, but they know exactly what it is so they decide to compare it to something else so other people go "oh yeah I get what you mean"?

It's one thing when the comparisons are remotely close, it's another when they're not.