1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I don't get the comparrisons.

Save Me - Possibly worst Muse song - 1/10

Explorers - Decent song, though verse better than chorus - 7/10

Aftermath - Really beautiful ballad - 9/10

All three of these can be considered the ballads/mellow tracks of their respective albums, what is there not to get?

The more I listen to it, the more I think this is one of the worst songs they've ever done. In fact, that last chorus might actually be the worst thing they've ever put to record. Matt's vocals sound fucking atrocious.

The more I listen to it, the more I think this is one of the worst songs they've ever done. In fact, that last chorus might actually be the worst thing they've ever put to record. Matt's vocals sound fucking atrocious.

Seriously i can't think nothing more atrocious than Defector vocals, it's like a joke song.

Seriously i can't think nothing more atrocious than Defector vocals, it's like a joke song.

The chorus is pretty annoying I can handle the vocals in Defector's verses, they're the fun kind of OTT. I wish they'd written something different for the chorus as opposed to basing it around the main riff.

The belted A4s (?) at the end Aftermath are actually kind of painful to listen to though. Everything just sounds like a mess in that last chorus and that last falsetto makes me cringe.

I somewhat agree, I think the song is brilliant... aside from that last chorus, that should be cut, the guitar solo should be the only prominent feature over that part.

I think it's a great song, but yesterday I was thinking that there should be some kind of rough, dark interlude to represent what happens after Revolt and before Aftermath. There needs to be some kind of punch for aftermath to have a greater effect. I guess what I'm saying is that the songs around Aftermath need to be better/different to showcase Aftermath's greatness.

I think it's a great song, but yesterday I was thinking that there should be some kind of rough, dark interlude to represent what happens after Revolt and before Aftermath. There needs to be some kind of punch for aftermath to have a greater effect. I guess what I'm saying is that the songs around Aftermath need to be better/different to showcase Aftermath's greatness.

I agree, that way Aftermath could actually be... an Aftermath.

I'm still waiting patiently to hear the instrumental version of this. I think, like Isolated System, that with lyrics works better as a part in the concept of the album, but musically is better instrumental.

• 3 months later...

I came to the conclusion that this song just needed to be one chorus shorter. That last chorus. I hate the fact that Matt just has to 'force' his vocals so often. It's like he believes he needs to prove himself in every song. The song is such a peaceful and calm one, and then those overdramatic high notes just kill it. They really didn't know when 'enough is enough' on this album. There are more songs that suffer from this, like The Globalist and Psycho for example.

• 6 months later...