Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Omg the Revolt artwork.

I was scrolling through thinking 'Damn, I love this artwork', then I hit Revolt. Laughed my fucking arse off.

That said, this album probably has my favourite artwork they've done. Reapers, Dead Inside, Aftermath, The Globalist, Drones and Defector are <3

Edited by Jobby

I was scrolling through thinking 'Damn, I love this artwork', then I hit Revolt. Laughed my fucking arse off.

That said, this album probably has my favourite artwork they've done. Reapers, Dead Inside, Aftermath, The Globalist, Drones and Defector as <3

Defector looks like Marilyn Manson:D

I'm not sure why they went Pokemon for Reapers, for me it really ruins the vibe created by the others

Yeah, I think they should've taken the lyrics in that one for the inspiration of the artwork, something like the manics' love sweet exile or slash & burn singles covers:stunned:

Edit.

2543177268_056975e800_m.jpg

Loves_Sweet_Exile.jpg

But I like the cartoon-y vibe of it, it just doesn't fit the vibe of the song/album at all

Edited by manualex

That said, this album probably has my favourite artwork they've done. Reapers, Dead Inside, Aftermath, The Globalist, Drones and Defector are <3

Just imagining that angry colossus going on a rampage to "You revooooolt"

Oh wow, love all of them! So much more inspired than everything from TR and T2L!

EDIT: The Drones (song) one is my favourite.

EDIT 2: No credit for Ennio Moricone given... Weird.

It's not weird, it's different enough to not warrant a lawsuit because of chord progressions and different whistling patterns. Matt acknowledged in an interview it's a nod to Ennio but nothing more

It's not weird, it's different enough to not warrant a lawsuit because of chord progressions and different whistling patterns. Matt acknowledged in an interview it's a nod to Ennio but nothing more

Ahh, fair enough. I was under the impression it was a cover as I haven't really listened to the actual Ennio track more than once. :LOL:

Ahh, fair enough. I was under the impression it was a cover as I haven't really listened to the actual Ennio track more than once. :LOL:

They only really have any overlap for the first minute of TG I believe although similar vibes throughout, and the overlap at that like I said has different chord progressions. Nonetheless I do think it's weird how little of the "musical skeleton/blueprint" of this song as a composition is original content, but it's still a gorgeous track regardless.