Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

:noey: They're both pretty equal to me so far. The Handler has a slight edge at the moment because it's new.

It's good overall, but the solo is annoying. Muse seem to be developing a trend of stretching ideas too far.

and reapers is well.. still a mess.

Lies and deceit :noey:

I don't mean to be a downer, but I wish Matt's lyrics weren't so painfully literal. I feel like they've been getting worse, and they're the only thing that holds me back from really loving this song.

As it stands, Reapers edges it out for me because at least in Reapers his vocals are distorted, and the actual words are less intrusive/important, and his voice mostly just works as an instrument.

But hell, I'm not complaining THAT much. I definitely like it.

I never am one to buy into "this is their best song since x" type crap this early on but this is the best Muse rock song I've heard since Absolution and its an instant top 10.

It's not even because its new but this is better than Hysteria, Stockholm, nearly even CE but I like CE for different reasons than I like this.

Fuck yes. This is the Muse I've been dying to hear since the early 2000s. They haven't sounded this dark or foreboding almost ever.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I wish Matt's lyrics weren't so painfully literal. I feel like they've been getting worse, and they're the only thing that holds me back from really loving this song.

As it stands, Reapers edges it out for me because at least in Reapers his vocals are distorted, and the actual words are less intrusive/important, and his voice mostly just works as an instrument.

But hell, I'm not complaining THAT much. I definitely like it.

I actually feel his voice in this song works much more like an instrument than it does in Reapers. This reminds me of how it blended back during Origin and Absolution.