Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I still don't get a very strong IYW comparison when I listen to it. I can hear which bits sound similar, but The Handler is so much darker and more atmospheric overall. It's like IYW's moody, goth younger brother! I love IYW, but this heavy + dark, which is the perfect Muse combination, imo. :\mm/:

I don't think people are comparing the song as a whole to In Your World. Just the part at 2:20, because it really does sound just like IYW. The guitar anyway.

I think it's one of the best things Muse has produced in a very long time, don't get me wrong. However, I wish it was just a couple of BPM higher (only a couple). It would also, I think, sound really good with some great Chris backing vocals a la Dead Star.

And I wish the bass was a bit louder but I've boosted it myself already.

The tempo works so well I think. It gives it that really great half-time headbang thing and the faster bits don't need to be any faster.

This song is just too much for me right now... I love the vocal effects on the words 'programmed' and 'transformation', and the little vocal ee-ah-ee-ah-ee-ah-ee-ays. This song is just too much

I actually feel his voice in this song works much more like an instrument than it does in Reapers. This reminds me of how it blended back during Origin and Absolution.

Pretty much exactly what I was just going to post. More similar to Reapers than the other tracks we've heard, but solves the thing that was bugging me about Reapers.

Still has robot noises...

It uses open string pull offs hence the IYW comparisons, but really it's just a cool neo classical Musey effect which is good to hear!

Finally preordered the album to get a download of this! Email received but no mention of the downloads?

iTunes is doing that cool thing to me where it shows up and says its pre-ordered but I can't download it. Ugh.

just go buy it as a single download by searching for "muse the handler" it should come up as a single song available for individual download

Guys, you can fucking buy it on itunes. Are you seriously whining because you can't get a track for free?

just go buy it as a single download by searching for "muse the handler" it should come up as a single song available for individual download

Maybe this is limited to the US? But it shows up as "Album only" in iTunes, unless you pre-order the album.

iTunes is doing that cool thing to me where it shows up and says its pre-ordered but I can't download it. Ugh.

A couple of days before Enter Shikari released The Mindsweep earlier this year, my iphone told me I could download the entire album, showing up the little cloud download available thing next to every song. When I hit them though, the swirly downloading thing just went on forever and then it said it was unavailable, obviously.

A couple of days before Enter Shikari released The Mindsweep earlier this year, my iphone told me I could download the entire album, showing up the little cloud download available thing next to every song. When I hit them though, the swirly downloading thing just went on forever and then it said it was unavailable, obviously.

Whenever you post I picture you as the man in your icon and everything you post instantly gets better

I am in the US and just bought The Handler only in iTunes. I did not pre-order the album. I will never buy The 2nd Law. And for the first time after many years of collecting dust in my storage, the Hullabaloo DVD / CD will be on repeat in my player or YT at work lol until the full album official release.

I am in the US and just bought The Handler only in iTunes. I did not pre-order the album. I will never buy The 2nd Law. And for the first time after many years of collecting dust in my storage, the Hullabaloo DVD / CD will be on repeat in my player or YT at work lol until the full album official release.

Fair does buddy, I'm a sucker for pre-orders, kickstarters and pledge-type things. Can't help but get excited and throw my lot in with something the quality of which might turn out to be questionable. So far, I'm coming up good on the ol Drones pre-order. Might regret being an ultrapleb and pre-ordering Star Wars Battlefront.

Edit; yes yes yes the Hullabaloo bonus DVD is one of the best things ever ever ever. Its lovely.

Edited by Captain Radiator