Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Also, why does every song seem to be produced differently? Matt's vocals are hidden behind the bass here, but then you have Mercy where Matt is the front track and the bass is quiet. There's even a volume discrepancy.

This. I really hope they've redone the mixing on the actual album, 'cause right now it just seems like a terrible mess to be honest. Mercy is way to quiet and poorly mixed. To have that on the same album as something as bombastic, heavy and properly produced as The Handler is very weird.

Now remix every song with Reapers' outro. It fits on this one pretty well! :LOL:

Most of their drop D songs would work but yeah this one works really well because the last note and the guitar tone on Handler is basically identical to the beginning of Reapers' outro.

This. I really hope they've redone the mixing on the actual album, 'cause right now it just seems like a terrible mess to be honest. Mercy is way to quiet and poorly mixed. To have that on the same album as something as bombastic, heavy and properly produced as The Handler is very weird.

Exactly. Psycho was mixed like a Dire Straits song with no dynamics, Dead Inside was brickwalled with any mid-bass non-existent, Mercy has no low-bass and is quieter than any of the other tracks while the synth is barely noticeable behind Matt being turned up exorbitantly high, Reapers sounds good but has a nu-metal tinge to it, and this one was produced like it was made in the Absolution era.

Reapers was received positively by the board, generally.

Actually initial reactions were mixed to negative. I remember taking the piss out of people saying it was shit after one listen.

This is a decent track and I suspect a grower, will have to see if it succeeds.

Very nice to hear some "boss battle" music though as I'd anticipated a while back :LOL:

Actually initial reactions were mixed to negative. I remember taking the piss out of people saying it was shit after one listen.

Very nice to hear some "boss battle" music though as I'd anticipated a while back :LOL:

What reactions are you talking about? You're so wrong

Maybe to the first live performance, but not the official release