Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Well crap, I'm late to this party. So i'm on vacation this week and I listened to this on the way back from the beach to where I'm staying and I literally stopped in the middle of a road when Matt hit that first falsetto in the chorus. Surprised nobody honked or flipped me the bird because I must of stood there for 5 seconds, sooooo much greatness!!

And while I do wish the guitar bit in the middle had a little more variation to it, its a really cool part that builds to the final outro bit, so if anything its more of a bridge than a solo. But damn 5 songs in and Matt's voice has NEVER sounded better. I loved the days when he had less control over his voice during OOS and showbiz but I prefer the control he has over it now. And man he can still hit those high notes!! :eek::stongue:

I would argue that by pleasing the long term fans they're probably pleasing themselves, because we were into the music they originally created and perhaps they moved away from this to create music more suited to the popular market(?). so pleasing the long term fans can't be all that bad :p
Nah, that's just your delusion to make yourself feel better about your favourite band making music you don't like.

I love the singing trial off in the chorus (lately in the past 2 albums, I didn't like Matt going off into falsetto for a bit of stuff, especially in Mercy, but I'm totally okay with it in this song.)

The guitar in the chorus is amazing, the bass is great (It better be HEAVY live.) The ending Chorus is fantastic. This song just screams what we've been craving for.

we know at a certain point of success it gets hard to try something fresh and new

but muse always had the origin bonus which was not showbiz at all so the expectations have always been different for them

at the end all the critics still bought t2l

other bands often don't have that option

I have no idea what you're saying.

I would argue that by pleasing the long term fans they're probably pleasing themselves, because we were into the music they originally created and perhaps they moved away from this to create music more suited to the popular market(?). so pleasing the long term fans can't be all that bad :p

But what tells you that The Handler was a song written to please long term fans?

Maybe it's just them who wanted to go that route?

I have no idea what you're saying.

I was saying that many band are not experimenting enough to be sure that their fanbase will buy a pretty different album

muse have this chance and so many bands partly do songs for themselves and mostly for their labels

But what tells you that The Handler was a song written to please long term fans?

Maybe it's just them who wanted to go that route?

No I agree with you, I was just saying that as a long term fan I think it's a nice direction towards what I loved about Muse in the first place, whether it's intentional or not :)

I was saying that many band are not experimenting enough to be sure that their fanbase will buy a pretty different album

muse have this chance and so many bands partly do songs for themselves and mostly for their labels

Still don't know what you're saying.

It was close to 2:30 mark and onwards that I finally felt the "Muse chills". Reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Muse songs, In Your World.

The Handler = Showbiz + Origin of Symmetry + Hullabaloo (or a great B-side in the good old days) + Absolution

Finally! <3

It was close to 2:30 mark and onwards that I finally felt the "Muse chills". Reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Muse songs, In Your World.

The Handler = Showbiz + Origin of Symmetry + Hullabaloo (or a great B-side in the good old days) + Absolution

Finally! <3

Love me some Muse chills!

Only Exo-Genesis part 1 has provided me with them in the last 3 albums.

Love me some Muse chills!

Only Exo-Genesis part 1 has provided me with them in the last 3 albums.

Now that you mention it... Well, I have chills listening to Dead Inside and Madness :LOL::LOL:. But that's it.

EDIT: Drones has already put 3 songs in my top 20: Dead Inside, Reapers and The Handler. I definitely have to see them live this tour.

it's probably far too early to say this, but I think this song is getting on par with Showbiz (the song) which is in my top 6 list of Muse tracks. Really digging this

Agreed!

My current top 5 are

CE

Stockholm

Fury

Showbiz

Exo Part 1

Handler might just be about to dethrone Overture

It sounds a lot like something Dream Theater would do back in the Octavarium days(which was inspired by Absolution anyway).

:LOL: you're right about Octavarium

Said exactly the same thing a few pages ago :awesome:.

Root Of All Evil.