Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I am in the US and just bought The Handler only in iTunes. I did not pre-order the album. I will never buy The 2nd Law. And for the first time after many years of collecting dust in my storage, the Hullabaloo DVD / CD will be on repeat in my player or YT at work lol until the full album official release.

I have no idea, then. I absolutely cannot buy it.

And I have no idea what T2L has to do with this conversation, but your loss, I guess.

Also, it was just last night that I was able to get Reapers without it coming up "temporarily unavailable."

Love the song. Not a fan of the breakdown but I assume this will be on guitar live and that will be awesome

I think the breakdown sounds way too repetitive and is way too long. The only thing that kills the song for me. Nothing happening for almost one entire minute, really killed the otherwise great song.

Wouldn't be surprised if that genius was Matt, to be honest

His feelings were definitely being controlled

I think the breakdown sounds way too repetitive and is way too long. The only thing that kills the song for me. Nothing happening for almost one entire minute, really killed the otherwise great song.

There's definitely stuff happening there. The focus just isn't on the widdly diddly guitar. To me at least, it seems pretty clear that the building drum intensity and repetitive riff is there to symbolise the growing disillusionment and anger in the protagonist until the rage finally explodes in the final chorus and end riff. Have to look at/listen to everything from the conceptual point of view here, as that's what the band will have been doing with Mutt. Thankyou and Goodnight!

His feelings were definitely being controlled

There's definitely stuff happening there. The focus just isn't on the widdly diddly guitar. To me at least, it seems pretty clear that the building drum intensity and repetitive riff is there to symbolise the growing disillusionment and anger in the protagonist until the rage finally explodes in the final chorus and end riff. Have to look at/listen to everything from the conceptual point of view here, as that's what the band will have been doing with Mutt. Thankyou and Goodnight!

The build up in the drums isn't enough though.. It's only very slight. There's no apparent change to the guitar at all.. why couldn't they just add another layer in there or something or at least change the riff a bit...

Oh well... 9/10 this song in my opinion with the solo stopping it from being 10

The build up in the drums isn't enough though.. It's only very slight. There's no apparent change to the guitar at all.. why couldn't they just add another layer in there or something or at least change the riff a bit...

Hey wow you liked something :) wow

Absolutely agree with everything you said.

Whoa - The Handler....

LIVE COMMENTARY

This is beautiful!

The pre-chorus (right before the heavy part) sounds so mystical and airy. Definitely my favourite part of the song.

Oh the instrumental bridge! .... is strange... a bit anticlimactic. Still like it though.

Ohhh yess the main riff is definitely asdfghjkl; with falsetto too - reminds me of Supremacy riff with falsetto.

This DEFINITELY has a Royal Blood vibe - the main riff.

Muse did NOT disappoint! I rate, personally, 9/10. 8.5/10 if I'm not fanboying like I am now.

Incredible! :D

It's not my favorite track since the old albums (first 2 or 3), but it really is the most like those old songs that's been released since then. I mean it positively. It's the kind of thing I hoped for from a "back to basics" Muse.

It's not my favorite track since the old albums (first 2 or 3), but it really is the most like those old songs that's been released since then. I mean it positively. It's the kind of thing I hoped for from a "back to basics" Muse.

Yeah, like In Your World and some Absolution. (hints of the band Royal Blood too)