Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I'm just worried about the cohesiveness of the whole thing now. I love it, I just don't understand why all of these songs (production wise) sound like they were made in different eras.

I kind of agree with this, it almost seems like a best of album in a way. I'm not complaining though, because they're all fantastic tracks, but each sort of feels like they belong to a different previous album

I kind of agree with this, it almost seems like a best of album in a way. I'm not complaining though, because they're all fantastic tracks, but each sort of feels like they belong to a different previous album

It's interesting when you think of that:

Psycho-pre Showbiz

Dead Inside-T2L

Mercy-BH&R

Reapers-Dead Star

The Handler-Absolution

Psycho-pre Showbiz

Dead Inside-T2L

Mercy-BH&R

Reapers-Dead Star

The Handler-Absolution

Yeah that's pretty much spot on in my opinion. Also, is there a hint of omega grand boss in the riff? not too familiar with that version of Assassin so might be wrong

Listen to Showbiz from 4 mins 17 seconds, then The Handler from 3 minutes 20 seconds. Same bass line.

I feel like normally I would accuse them of having run out of ideas, but this is exceptional.

That's got to be a stylistic choice more than anything haha, but I hadn't noticed and that's pretty cool imo :D

Psycho-pre Showbiz

Dead Inside-T2L

Mercy-BH&R

Reapers-Dead Star

The Handler-Absolution

Spot on... Except Psycho is a little bit more... I don't wanna say soft but "less aggressive" than what they did around and before Showbiz. An example could be Agitated. This is probably due to Mutt's influence and Matt's stylistic and vocal changes.

But the general sound and use of instruments is definitely from that era. Perhaps Psycho's era is "Drones"? :awesome:

There's better rock singers out there than Matt. There are surely better guitar players. But youd be hard pressed to find a better guitar player lead singer overall badass. The ridiculously strong falsettos with the crazy guitar riffage of this song......damn.