Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Intresting. I kind of agree, though Reapers seems more fun whereas EE is more intense.

Reapers is more of a conglomeration of different emotions: dramatic and frenetic in the tapping riff and the verses, "cocky" and somewhat elated in the pre-chorus riff and the proper chorus, funny and videogame-y in the solo, and finally dissonant and tragic during the outro.

I find just about all of Reapers to be pretty 'videogame-y' tbh, except maybe the verses. Those tapping parts are probably some of my favourite parts in any Muse song because of it, I've been waiting for them to do something like that for ages.

I'd say the outro was a bit more serious and dark but the "Here come the drones" shouts are too silly for me to take it seriously.

I'd say the outro was a bit more serious and dark but the "Here come the drones" shouts are too silly for me to take it seriously.

Maybe that just was their intention, being ironic and such, by merging the thundering and noisy stomp of Stockholm Syndrome and Space Dementia outros with the glamourous and industrial feel of Supermassive Black Hole distorted vocals. :)

Maybe that just was their intention, being ironic and such, by merging the thundering and noisy stomp of Stockholm Syndrome and Space Dementia outros with the glamourous and industrial feel of Supermassive Black Hole distorted vocals. :)

I'm referring to more the actual words "Here come the drones" than the vocals/effect :chuckle:

I still feel like there should have been some kind of final Climbing Up The Walls-esque distorted scream at around 5:14/5:15. Would've been the perfect climax and would've led into The Handler soooooo perfectly.

• 5 months later...
While I love this song, the "Drones!" parts just strike me as very out of place sometimes. It feels as if someone has a soundboard and presses the "Drones" button at random times. Especially 1.18. Why is it even there?

Would've been interesting to see if it would've worked better being yelled than growled.

• 3 weeks later...

Being released as a 7" single for Record Store Day. Comes with a 'fold-your-own' paper drone (yes, seriously) and a live version from Koln as the b-side.

Might actually try and get one, if only because I love the artwork and it'd be a neat collectible.

I wasn't interested but I want the paper drone.

Really? :LOL: I imagine I'll either be binning mine or giving it away if I manage to get one.

Tried looking up what shops are taking part on the website but it's not working for me, not sure if anyone else is having that problem? I've never paid much attention to Record Store Day before so I'm not totally sure how it works :$ Does every shop get the same exclusives or do you have to rely on luck to find one that has what you want?

Really? :LOL: I imagine I'll either be binning mine or giving it away if I manage to get one.

Tried looking up what shops are taking part on the website but it's not working for me, not sure if anyone else is having that problem? I've never paid much attention to Record Store Day before so I'm not totally sure how it works :$ Does every shop get the same exclusives or do you have to rely on luck to find one that has what you want?

By the looks of things it's probably going to be an American release.

Here? Not sure why it doesn't have any artwork, it's not the only one like that though.

It's also listed on the PDF of all the exclusive releases, again on the UK site.

Strange when I searched it wasn't there at all. Also, when I click the link I get the artwork with the drones teeth?

Strange when I searched it wasn't there at all. Also, when I click the link I get the artwork with the drones teeth?

Ah, probably just my computer being shit then tbh :rolleyes:

The store location thing worked for me. Turns out there are about 4 stores selling it within 10 miles from me. So I'll just ring them all up and grab one.

Anyone know about price?

Oh, it's working for me too now :happy:

I'm guessing not much, like £5/7? Unless prices go up a bit for RSD releases.