Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

You realize the video we got was the actual video, don't you?

But was it actually the actual video, or was your actualisation actually your actual opinion?

I actually think there is an actual music video to be released at a date yet to be actualised. Actually, actual trends indicate it will likely actuate within months.

To all posters above me, the lyric video followed by high production quality music video trend has ceased with Psycho. That was all we're due to receive, why would it be any different with Dead Inside? Both were titled "official lyric video", and we know conclusively that the first is the "real deal". Both videos we've received have had far higher production quality than what a typical, barebones lyric video would have to boot. Muse wouldn't waste their time doing the same thing twice. Following this logic, Dead Inside will have no other video. Much less to arbitrarily coincide with the physical release date of the single when Muse have no precedent for this. I don't understand why a music video doesn't equal a lyric video in your eyes. If you slap lyrics on top of the music in a video format that's literally all you need to call it a music video anyways, as it satisfies both necessary constituent components.

To all posters above me, the lyric video followed by high production quality music video trend has ceased with Psycho. That was all we're due to receive, why would it be any different with Dead Inside?

Because Psycho wasn't a single.

Muse wouldn't waste their time doing the same thing twice.

They did multiple times on the last album. Before that they did "making of" videos.

I don't understand why a music video doesn't equal a lyric video in your eyes.

It's called marketing. Two videos = greater and lengthier exposure for one song.

Yep, I agree 100% with the post above. Anyway, I don't find Muse music videos interesting. The only videos I keep watching are KoC (because it's aMUSEing :LOL:) and Madness (I find the song more powerful with the video). But they can do a "Supremacy"-style video, it ruined the song for me for a while. I only imagined gothic-metal-surfers when I was listening to the song :LOL:

Because Psycho wasn't a single.

They did multiple times on the last album. Before that they did "making of" videos.

It's called marketing. Two videos = greater and lengthier exposure for one song.

:facepalm: believe what you want. I know that Psycho was treated as a single in all but name (promotional single) so that more attention would be focused on the lead single, Dead Inside. You also didn't provide any proof that they did that "multiple times" for the last album, and "making of" videos are filmed concurrently with the video shoot by Tom, so that's irrelevant to my point about redundancy. Making ofs are different products with different goals than marketing the song as they only highlight how the video is made.

Going back to the 'Dead Inside' intro, to me it's a prime example of Muse going unnecessarily overboard. Which is why I thought they got a producer in for this album, you'd think Mutt would point this out to them. Kind of annoying really, such a bad opener.

:facepalm: believe what you want. I know that Psycho was treated as a single in all but name (promotional single) so that more attention would be focused on the lead single, Dead Inside. You also didn't provide any proof that they did that "multiple times" for the last album, and "making of" videos are filmed concurrently with the video shoot by Tom, so that's irrelevant to my point about redundancy. Making ofs are different products with different goals than marketing the song as they only highlight how the video is made.

Just a quick look at Muse's official youtube page shows that Supremecy and Madness each had a lyric video first, followed by a full music video. It's pretty much an industry standard across the board, an easy way to promote a song twice.

It's okay to be wrong from time to time. Promise.

Psycho is pretty official. Yeah I know it's not an official single but the production is higher than a typical lyric video. But Dead Inside does seem more plain. No hints at anything similar to a full video yet though.

Yeah Psycho is a done deal. I hope myself that there's more to come with Dead Inside but it might also have been an aesthetic choice too for it to be like that. Royksopp has done similarly. I mainly think it would be an odd choice to bring in Matt Hayslett to shoot both videos if they're going to reshoot something else for Dead Inside later. If Tom had done the entire thing himself, that's a different story.

Just a quick look at Muse's official youtube page shows that Supremecy and Madness each had a lyric video first, followed by a full music video. It's pretty much an industry standard across the board, an easy way to promote a song twice.

It's okay to be wrong from time to time. Promise.

Follow Me did, too.

Not that I'm sure what the point of music videos even is, nowdays, but it does seem like an odd choice to make the lead single one both a lyric video AND NSFW.

Lol this fucking board. In other news some randomer on reddit is "claiming" that Dead Inside's real release date is May 4, upon which day we will receive the real song, the real video, and the real artwork. :facepalm: and others are believing him
This might be a personal best from you. Hilarious.

Follow Me did, too.

Not that I'm sure what the point of music videos even is, nowdays, but it does seem like an odd choice to make the lead single one both a lyric video AND NSFW.

I suppose the point is to collect the views (and whatever marketing/commercial gain there is to be had) from Youtube for your own channel. I doubt the lyric videos are particularly expensive to make, as it's mostly graphics. I mean the Madness lyric video is at 13 M views vs. 63 M music video views, that is a significant portion of views.

I suppose NSFW is a slightly odd choise, but I guess this is a part of Muse (at least pretending) to take a slight step back from the commercial point of view (like releasing "Psycho" as the first promo release from the album, the song being self-dubbed "too offensive for radio"). I assume it comes from knowing your target audience, I doubt the average Muse listener bats their eyes at the sight of breasts at least in the negative sense.

It has kept me from recommending the song to people, to an extent, which I was a bit bummed about.

Prolly cultural differences, but bare breasts are still a bit of an issue, here. People get a bit riled up.

Eh? Really depends on who you present things to. If people can't get over nudity for art then there's an issue there