Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

We can be nice without talking about little ponies, kittens and puppies. Though if you want to chat about those I'll gladly do so with you in Banter.;)

Not sure using the words "snarky retards" helps creating a nice environment :unsure: and no, the fact that it wasn't a personal attack changes nothing.

If he has something sound to say, he should. Why do you think he's right? Care to explain? So it is acceptable to have an unpleasant community? We should condone such unpleasant behaviour? Why, pray tell?

I don't care. What's annoying me right now is your posts in an unrelated thread. There are mods and forum functions you can use to sound your opinion. This thread however is not the place.

So you don't think using the r-slur contributes to an unpleasant environment?

Maybe you could look at the context and intent of my message. It was a defensive one, unlike the offensive ones that some of you guys like to post. I admit I could have had chosen a better word, though I was in no way intending it as a slight to people with mental disability.

People don't get offensive too me !

i am a fan of Muse LIKE you all

i meant DEAD INSIDE is a good song to crack the charts (thats not the most important thing of a song)

but personally i don't like it. Of course i downloaded via amazon but I'm a little bit disappointed.

The new album will become free of glam rock, queen-esque sounds but more mainstream rock radio friendly stuff.

Maybe you could look at the context and intent of my message. It was a defensive one, unlike the offensive ones that some of you guys like to post. I admit I could have had chosen a better word, though I was in no way intending it as a slight to people with mental disability.

I am almost completely convinced that you're a troll.

People don't get offensive too me !

i am a fan of Muse LIKE you all

i meant DEAD INSIDE is a good song to crack the charts (thats not the most important thing of a song)

but personally i don't like it. Of course i downloaded via amazon but I'm a little bit disappointed.

The new album will become free of glam rock, queen-esque sounds but more mainstream rock radio friendly stuff.

This guy sounds like someone with a heart of gold. Was it really necessary to make fun of him, now? Especially when the mistake was likely to be because of his poorer command of the English language? Does that contribute towards making the board a more pleasant place?

Maybe you could look at the context and intent of my message. It was a defensive onr, unlike the offensive ones that some of you guys like to post. I admit I could have had chosen a better word, though I was in no way intending it as a slight to people with mental disability.

Context and intention is irrelevant. People unintentionally say racist, sexist and overall offensive shit all the time, that doesn't mean it's okay. It means it should be forgiven if they apologise and learn something. However, if someone's response is to defend their usage of the word because "I didn't mean to offend you by saying this offensive thing", then they're an asshole.

And if you have to use slurs to defend yourself, you're not really anyone to speak about pleasant environments.

Context and intention is irrelevant. People unintentionally say racist, sexist and overall offensive shit all the time, that doesn't mean it's okay. It means it should be forgiven if they apologise and learn something. However, if someone's response is to defend their usage of the word because "I didn't mean to offend you by saying this offensive thing", then they're an asshole.

And if you have to use slurs to defend yourself, you're not really anyone to speak about pleasant environments.

I have admitted that I should not have used that word, and clarified thay I meant no offense. If people are still offended, I offer my sincere apologies. That was a single occassion though.

On the other hand, your posts to make fun of others and/or be unpleasant are incessant. What do you have to say about that? And like I've mentioned in the previous post, his mistakes were likely to be due to his poor command of the English language. Making fun of people's inability to write in proper English now, are we? Are you an ableist?

I have admitted that I should not have used that word, and clarified thay I meant no offense. If people are still offended, I offer my sincere apologies. That was a single occassion though.

On the other hand, your posts to make fun of others and/or be unpleasant are incessant. What do you have to say about that? And like I've mentioned in the previous post, his mistakes were likely to be due to his poor command of the English language. Making fun of people's inability to write in proper English now, are we? Are you an ableist?

Okay, now I'm convinced you're a troll.

This guy sounds like someone with a heart of gold. Was it really necessary to make fun of him, now? Especially when the mistake was likely to be because of his poorer command of the English language?

That guy has a science degree. I remember that he told me that he learned English from Muse lyrics, but I'm not entirely sure. :indiff:

I know your fighting for a "pleasant environment", but I think mods do a good job. You can't really ban snarky or annoying posts (don't forget that is entirely subjective) and the like. but be sure that they keep an eye on stuff like that. ;)

Like the others said, ignore users whose posts you dislike. That's it.

It really isn't incessant, but I'll let it slide because I do have a history.

I never make fun of someone's English unless it's their first language and I'm not certain they have a learning disability. Obviously still slightly ableist, which I admit. But in the case of this pikachu guy, it obviously wasn't a case of lacking proficiency in English, but rather a typo. Not that it would have been ableism anyway, but keep throwing terms around.

It really isn't incessant, but I'll let it slide because I do have a history.

I never make fun of someone's English unless it's their first language and I'm not certain they have a learning disability. Obviously still slightly ableist I admit. But in the case of this pikachu guy, it obviously wasn't a case of lacking proficiency in English, but rather a typo. Not that it would have been ableism anyway, but keep throwing terms around.

Right. So you do have a history. Thank you for having the honesty to admit that. Now, if we can agree that such posts are unpleasant and unnecessary, you should try to make less of such posts. I'm not here to annoy you or bring threads off topic, but I seriously think there's much to be improved in this community, and if we all work together, treat each other with mutual respect, treat others as you would like them to treat you, we will slowly, but surely make these boards a better place to frequent.

My honest, heartfelt opinion. Sorry for going off topic.

Jeez! That escalated quickly! I must say though that some people on this board do act like trolls occasionally, and do their very best just to piss people off in order to get a reaction. However, I can't see anything wrong with a bit of friendly banter when someone gets a whole word wrong in the title of a song - nothing malicious there, and I had a bit of a chuckle myself I must admit! Nothing discriminatory - just a bit of a ribbing.

Demonocracy, you sort of had a point to a certain extent, (until you nonsensically complained about swearing) but where do you draw the line between banter and passive/aggressive or whatever? Sometimes it is hilarious, other times it feels awkward and bitter, so I tend to just ignore it and move on.

Your view of an idealistic forum is ridic because contrasting opinions are one of the main reasons social media is so popular. We are free to criticise each other without hating each other. I make passing comments to folk a lot and most people laugh it off, as I would, but your sensitivity is actually quite worrying.

Right, I used the wrong term. Still doesn't mean it is alright to make fun of people's poor command of a language.

Go back to tumblr.

Literally.

Ableism is a hilarious term.

If you're offended on a forum over someone using a word that offends you or making fun of your language capabilities, grow a thicker shell and go back to tumblr.

Go back to tumblr.

Literally.

Ableism is a hilarious term.

If you're offended on a forum over someone using a word that offends you or making fun of your language capabilities, grow a thicker shell and go back to tumblr.

1. I do not use tumblr.

2. Where or when, pray tell, was I offended by someone using a word? I just felt sorry that he could not express himself (or did not choose to express himself) without resorting to vulgarity.

3. No one made fun of my language capabilities. I think they are decent, by the way.

Your entire post is based on falsehoods and misinterpretations.