Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Ignoring the rude post full of assertions based on 0 information above me, I'm glad that a proper video is on it's way. More stuff to look forward to in the meantime.

I like the word assertions. I like it a lot.

Ignoring the rude post full of assertions based on 0 information above me, I'm glad that a proper video is on it's way. More stuff to look forward to in the meantime.

first thing i thought of when i saw the photo was "he's gonna feel dumb" hahaha

I wonder what the video will be like - typically a little bit weird I assume

Edited by heyjackk

first think i thought of when i saw the photo was "he's gonna feel dumb" hahaha

I wonder what the video will be like - typically a little bit weird I assume

Nah haha I don't feel dumb. I mean it still doesn't make very much sense anyway, I mean at least Madness warranted a proper video and a long wait to boot considering its success but it only had one "official" release date for the song. To be fair this release had no precedent, and "officially" releasing the song May 4th will at this point be a sad way to keep it relevant, as it pretends that it's release date in March wasnt official or something. It doesn't have very much holding power in the charts to my knowledge right now either, less so than Psycho at least in terms of YouTube popularity. To be honest I don't really think the video will help its popularity but it does seem cool.

Nah haha I don't feel dumb. I mean it still doesn't make very much sense anyway, I mean at least Madness warranted a proper video and a long wait to boot considering its success but it only had one "official" release date for the song. To be fair this release had no precedent, and "officially" releasing the song May 4th will at this point be a sad way to keep it relevant, as it pretends that it's release date in March wasnt official or something. It doesn't have very much holding power in the charts to my knowledge right now either, less so than Psycho at least in terms of YouTube popularity. To be honest I don't really think the video will help its popularity but it does seem cool.

Yeah i agree honestly, it's weird that they've put so long between the "release" and "official release" or whatever. Would've made more sense to stick out the lyric video and then maybe a week or two at most later released the actual video instead of giving it 6 weeks and allowing all the hype to die down a bit and such

If the video is released around 5/4, that's probably when they will start doing promotional performances. Pretty excited for those, because Matt tends to sing all the high parts on televised performances, rather than the falsetto he uses.

In the one live performance of Dead Inside, he went falsetto on the "Don't leave..." part. Can't blame him for that, because I imagine that entire last third of the song is difficult to sing, but hopefully he'll try to hit it when he isn't having to sing an entire show.

If the video is released around 5/4, that's probably when they will start doing promotional performances. Pretty excited for those, because Matt tends to sing all the high parts on televised performances, rather than the falsetto he uses.

In the one live performance of Dead Inside, he went falsetto on the "Don't leave..." part. Can't blame him for that, because I imagine that entire last third of the song is difficult to sing, but hopefully he'll try to hit it when he isn't having to sing an entire show.

he did the "I need your love" bits in Madness because they transposed it down a semitone, Dead Inside sounded in it's actual key so I doubt he'll belt it

The sales are gonna be shocking most likely, album will almost definitely go to number one though

It seems obvious US and British markets seem not to care about Muse's return. I have my doubts about the album going to #1, I was surprised The 2nd Law wasn't #1 across the board on the basis of the Muse brand anyways. Low charting singles aren't a good sign especially when Mumford and Trash one up them

he did the "I need your love" bits in Madness because they transposed it down a semitone, Dead Inside sounded in it's actual key so I doubt he'll belt it

Right, but they played Madness dropped a half-step at their regular shows too, and some point during T2L tour, Matt started using falsetto on the final "I need your love" bit (like on the live disc).

I think if they are doing a promo thing for a talk show, where they play 3 to 4 songs max, Matt would be able to give it a go even in original key.

Wishful thinking, maybe.

I'm sorry I'm probably missing out on something, but where did we get the May 4th date from? I've looked through instagram, twitter and the last few pages of this thread but still left none the wiser.

Only source for that was XFM. As with anything with one source I'd take that info with salt. It's entirely possible it might get "officially" released sooner. Probably not though

Only source for that was XFM. As with anything with one source I'd take that info with salt. It's entirely possible it might get "officially" released sooner. Probably not though

Ah I see, thanks. Personally, I'ld rather get new music (or even snippets of new music of studio quality) though. That said, the video looks like it could be interesting!