A bit random, but has there ever really been any comment why CoD and EP were played so little before dying off? I can sure understand CoD, it's maybe not the best song for live, but EP? It's such a great base for a live song, basically a stadium stomp with the massive tom comp.

Like this, just, mmh! If one song should get the whole arena jumping, it'd be EP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0h8t-QaYQ

Isn't that how Big Freeze was described, pre-release?

Yep, the stadium stomp that never got played live :chuckle:

Also, on a more serious note with COD and Exo - the former was actually played a reasonable amount but they were both hard to sing and/or play and neither were singles. Basically a recipe for becoming a rare/dead Muse song. Invincible going from a staple to not being played for nigh 9 years is the most surprising case from Black Holes imo.

If you mean CoD, think of how complex it is. It can be kinda difficult and annoying to play live.

Meh, the most complex thing about COD live is bringing an electro-acoustic on tour and playing the trumpet solo on guitar if Dan (or another trumpet man) ain't available. Hence why I actually have hope for requesting it if this new song involves him bringing an acoustic :awesome: The strings were only a backing track tmk and the individual parts (guitar, bass, drums) are pretty simple.

It was the "COD's maybe not that great live but Exo is quality!" sentiment that I took issue with :chuckle:

Mad to think Invin was the Guiding Light of Black Holes-era sets. It's fallen down my requests list a bit but it's still well in that 'gotta see one day' category.

I'd love to see it live, even if just to see the guitar solo played in person. One of my favourite Muse guitar parts :yesey:

EP's another one I'd love to see come back (although preferably in Timescale Keeper form because 2005 version > BH&R imo)

Auditory Masks was a great working title on one of the setlists

Yeah I'd love to hear it live but then I feel like I just want to hear the entirety of Black Holes live.

Meh, the most complex thing about COD live is bringing an electro-acoustic on tour and playing the trumpet solo on guitar if Dan (or another trumpet man) ain't available. Hence why I actually have hope for requesting it if this new song involves him bringing an acoustic :awesome: The strings were only a backing track tmk and the individual parts (guitar, bass, drums) are pretty simple.

It was the "COD's maybe not that great live but Exo is quality!" sentiment that I took issue with :chuckle:

Well I mean, parts of it are played on electro-acoustic, parts on electric and then there's the thing with the bass tone, I'm not sure if Chris's current rig could even produce acceptable filter tone for CoD, it's so muddy compared to what he used to have lmao

Well I mean, parts of it are played on electro-acoustic, parts on electric and then there's the thing with the bass tone, I'm not sure if Chris's current rig could even produce acceptable filter tone for CoD, it's so muddy compared to what he used to have lmao

But you're aware that he's just been using one guitar for the live performances of it? It's not any more complicated than simply using the electro-acoustic one he has.