In my opinion, Eurockeennes 2000 contained the best performance of "Feeling Good," only because we got to see the magnificence of Matt forgetting the lyrics during the megaphone section (1:32).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnIxlwui85Q

When most singers forget the lyrics, they get the audience to sing it or maybe shout something instead. But when Matt Bellamy forgets the lyrics, it's truly something special to witness.

"OUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUTARARARRARARARARARARARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you know what I mean, don't you know?

DADADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH you know what I mean..."

Are you Natalie Swatowski or are you plagiarising

There was one early live performance of Bliss that I heard that featured no backing synths and alternated with Matt playing the arpeggios on guitar and playing the power chords on guitar. I kind of liked that, though I can't find it now.

Then I think there was a version of Sunburn where Matt plays guitar all the way through and Morgan plays piano.

Oh, and an early version of Starlight that featured Matt playing the piano part on his guitar. That was pretty awesome, especially compared to the more recent version of Starlight where Matt has seemingly decided that he's too cool to play guitar (aka too cool to do his frikkin' job).

If any of you know where I can find these videos, please let me know! (Because I've searched and I can't find them on YouTube.)

There was one early live performance of Bliss that I heard that featured no backing synths and alternated with Matt playing the arpeggios on guitar and playing the power chords on guitar. I kind of liked that, though I can't find it now.

Then I think there was a version of Sunburn where Matt plays guitar all the way through and Morgan plays piano.

Oh, and an early version of Starlight that featured Matt playing the piano part on his guitar. That was pretty awesome, especially compared to the more recent version of Starlight where Matt has seemingly decided that he's too cool to play guitar (aka too cool to do his frikkin' job).

If any of you know where I can find these videos, please let me know! (Because I've searched and I can't find them on YouTube.)

Bliss - Two Days A Week '00

Sunburn - Big Weekend '06

Starlight - Shepherd's Bush +

Bliss - Two Days A Week '00

Sunburn - Big Weekend '06

Starlight - Shepherd's Bush +

Wow! :eek: That was fast. Thanks a ton! This made my day. :D

Haven't heard that in a while - it's fucking gold. Although I do prefer the piano part played on piano.

My favourite video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DbvHwNQrmQ

Ooh, that's another good performance. Honestly, every track on that EP was pretty damn solid, though I would have preferred a full-length audio (and possibly video) recording of the Resistance Stadium Tour shows. With videos of the UFOs and whatnot.

Obviously, Glastonbury had a lot of really great performances. Specifically, I think that the Glastonbury performance of "Ruled by Secrecy" was hauntingly beautiful. But that isn't any new revelation or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtifoW8W81Q

Though I also quite enjoy the one from Seattle 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8QxLf32z0

I've always wanted to see RBS badly but knowing that he'll never whip that G#4 out again is painful </3

Still jealous af that Hannah got that at, what, her first gig? :noey:

Edit: Maybe that's why it's not been played since. Matt finally hit that note and was like "wellp, shelve it boys, not topping that".

Edited by Jobby

I can kinda agree with that actually. That ease into the falsetto he did for every other performance actually fit better with the eerie tone of the song imo. The G#4 just sounds impressive :chuckle:

I'd say Hoodoo > Space Dementia > RBS > Megalomania for best piano songs. Those four are on their own level for me.

I can kinda agree with that actually. That ease into the falsetto he did for every other performance actually fit better with the eerie tone of the song imo. The G#4 just sounds impressive :chuckle:

I'd say Hoodoo > Space Dementia > RBS > Megalomania for best piano songs. Those four are on their own level for me.

Personally I always felt it was a bit disappointing that he didn't belt his way all the way up to the C5 :LOL:

Space Dementia>RBS>Hoodoo>Sunburn (if that counts)

Actually I'd probably put Endlessly pretty high on that list now that I think about it.

If we're talking album piano songs then Butterflies and Hurricanes certainly needs a mention. But if it's just live then my top two are definitely RBS and SD. Then you have the AP, Meglomania, Hoodoo, Screenager tier, then USoE and Endlessly, then crap like Explorers and Feeling Good.

Let's not fuck around, Feeling Good is pretty decent, and definitely not Explorers tier

This. Yeah, its been played to death and certainly does not need to be played live anymore. However, the actual album track is incredible as were the live performances of it from that era. Hell, it even sounded good on HAARP with the effects and everything, but then they stupidly stripped everything back for the Resistance tour (They should definitely have retired it once Eurasia turned up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpOokv-A3LI

Bloody carnage. That whole gig might be the definitive Origin-era pro-shot for me (well, aside from MJF but I count 2002 as it's own 'inbetween' era for some reason).

Weirdly, I've been adding something super similar to that second half/outro onto my Jimmy Jams for what feels like aaages now but I don't remember getting it from that? :chuckle: