I've always loved TOADA. Not sure why it got hated on a bit during the Absolution era.

The early 2004 versions are brilliant, BDO in particular. Matt's guitar and solo sounds so fresh.

Me too, it's in my top ten.

I still think the chorus melody fucking sucks.

I never thought of this. I like belting out the words top of my voice and then especially the Wah wah wah at the end :$

SS into TaB is still the best closing pairing ever.

Even better with another drop-d song beforehand (i.e. Micro Cuts Wembley '07 night one).

I think Dead Star > Micro Cuts > Stockholm > Take A Bow would be the best encore ever.

'Specially with that minute/2 minute long droneout transitioning into the TAB synths :facemelt: I remember when I first heard that LP7 was gonna be called Drones and foolish me actually held out hopes that's what it might sound like.

I prefer Dead Star somewhere in the main set tbh. I'd like more of a gradual build-up as well so I think perfect for me would be either SFA > MC > SS > TAB or Something > B&H > SS > TAB.

B&H doesn't often get considered to be that close to the end but it's sooo massive and climactic imo, especially with the fucking HYOOGE extended ending they used to give the piano solo in '03/'04 (why tf did they stop that). That, then a pure mosh-out, epic (I hate that word but it does apply tbf) riffest of Stockholm fading into a gradual-build grand finale like TAB is just ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
just sounds like absentminded diddling around to me

phrasing

...but, yeah, more often than not, the answer to random, unnamable one-offs like this is that it's just Matt messing about or improvising.

Reminds me of a time where there was speculation that he was playing Champagne Supernova before a song when, in reality, he was just messing about in A :chuckle: Not to mention the countless comments of "omggg early reapers??" in just about any video where he taps around on the D or G string.

That chord at 2.16. Ooof. That 2006 arena tour was pretty great, even if the actual stage set itself looked a bit naff - it was just a confusing array of things.

I only went to one show but I got City Of Delusion with trumpet and the last ever performance of Showbiz :awesome:.

Early doors but that might actually be one of my favourite performances of a Muse song ever. Tiny little details like Matt's voice crack at 0:36, "eh-n your eyes", the vocal rise at 1:31, another tiny voice crack/gasp at 1:40, THAT lone chord. Ugggghh. Excuse the cheese but it's so tender and immediate at the same time.

Plus, it's Hoodoo, which has just been swiftly launched back up to my #1.

That chord at 2.16. Ooof.

Should officially take the mantle of The Chord from Darkshines tbh.

(also I actually kind of love that 2006 stage and visuals, those stars :love:)

God what I'd give to have seen that old Stockholm > Riffage > Heavy droning/feedback > TAB close-athon. That's some genuine 'best live band in the world' shit.

2006 is one of my absolute favourite Muse years tbh. Might be my favourite if it wasn't for Matt's guitar tones. As much as I love the BH&R era in general, the passion they consistently put in for those '06 gigs has been unmatched ever since imo.

That Hoodoo performance, wow. That song really needs to come back to the piano slot(s).

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but when they played it at Wembley '07 (I was a very new fan) I initially thought Hoodoo was Ruled by Secrecy...to this day I remember it blowing me away.

Little did I know I would hear RBS (my fav song) in the same venue three years later :)