I’m wondering if there are just ‘sweet spots’ for his voice with regards to their touring schedule nowadays. Could be wrong but since 2015, I feel like we’ve been seeing a pattern of: bit sketchy/out of breath at the start of a leg as he ‘warms up’, then pretty solid and occasionally impressive for a while, then starts to tail off again and sound a bit hoarse as the number of gigs catch up to him.

ok pretty good performance of Feeling Good but ngl I'm literally just posting to appreciate the hair 'cos that flat/sweaty red is legit hot af

That, and 1:57 - 2:02 is pretty fucking cool.

also available in PIB

Edit: in fact, this whole gig's a gem if you've not heard the bootleg of it. OOS reckless abandon at it's finest and the riffs are meaty as fuck.

Edited by Jobby

I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I always think this is a really great version of Defector.

In fact, is it still the only one ever? Or did it get played a couple of times on the Drones tour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiE3HbmF1Wk

setlist.fm says it got played all of 9 times overall, and that weirdly 3 of them were in the Milan residency.

Started popping up a bunch right at the end of the arena tour iirc.

Fucked me off a bit at the time, after people had been asking about it for the entire tour and they finally decide to bring it into rotation right at the death and just a few weeks after my 5 gigs :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMZ4mvb6tlY

Not necessarily the best overall (even if I actually really like some of the different lyrics and Matt's goofy send-off at the end) but that B4 climax :facemelt:

Kinda wish it made it to the record but I'm guessing he swiftly realised he wouldn't be able to pull it off consistently live :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

• 2 weeks later...