God what I'd give to have seen that old Stockholm > Riffage > Heavy droning/feedback > TAB close-athon. That's some genuine 'best live band in the world' shit.

2006 is one of my absolute favourite Muse years tbh. Might be my favourite if it wasn't for Matt's guitar tones. As much as I love the BH&R era in general, the passion they consistently put in for those '06 gigs has been unmatched ever since imo.

To be fair, one could argue that '06 Muse performances have less passion than on the tour that preceded it - '04 Muse was on another level entirely.

To be fair, one could argue that '06 Muse performances have less passion than on the tour that preceded it - '04 Muse was on another level entirely.

+1. 2004 Muse my favourite era by far too, closely followed by 2002 or 2008 (not sure which)

Whoops double post

I'm not so bothered about the scream, its cool but my favourite part of the '04 SS performances were the way they performed the final chorus.

And the best final chorus has to be Earl's Court! The extended G Matt hangs onto over the D minor to Bb major chord change is so ridiculously awesome, would love to hear him sing it like that live again.

(Assuming that you mean Earl's Court night 2) the night 1 version is a great performance of it as well Imo, can't belive I only discovered it about a year ago.

Is that the one from the XFM recording?

I'm pretty sure that's night 2 with night 1's Dead Star replacing Glorious. Or is there a separate recording of the first night?

Is that the one from the XFM recording?

I'm pretty sure that's night 2 with night 1's Dead Star replacing Glorious. Or is there a separate recording of the first night?

XFM was night 2 indeed, with (night 1) Dead Star replacing (night 2) Glorious, and whilst I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Musebootlegs at the minute, there's a recording of night 1 on there :)

There's a separate recording of SS (night 1) only on another website. I'll do some digging, haven't heard it in a while either

Edit: sometimes it comes in useful to have created a completely pointless 'Earl's Court 2004 night 1 vs night 2' thread during your first year or so on the board :chuckle:

Here we are http://fuckyeahmuse-live.tumblr.com/post/7475590080/heres-a-rarity-stockholm-syndrome-live-at

Edited by LewisF

Right I really want to get back into Muse properly but no matter what I listen to nothing has that oomph anymore that makes me want to put it on repeat forever. So, I ask you to post a performance of any song or songs that have SUPER MEGA HYPE FACTOR and crush your spirit into pieces from the raw power and emotion. What songs are up to you. Thanks.

I think you need a break.

I'm sure it looks like that from my posts. Tbh I haven't actually listened to Muse properly since 2014 and have felt nothing like what I did for them in 2013 since, which was when I was at peak hype. I mostly put it down to burnout but it hasn't really disappeared, and I wouldn't say its specifically Muse burnout either since I haven't really listened to any band since then...

I still get hyped as fuck for gigs though, but only maybe 4 songs will actually do anything for me and I mostly go for the sake of hanging out with people I only see at gigs. The only reason I stay here is probably because I like getting on the hype train.

I really want to feel about Muse the way I did before but nothing hits me in the right way. Hence asking for suggestions.

In my opinion, Eurockeennes 2000 contained the best performance of "Feeling Good," only because we got to see the magnificence of Matt forgetting the lyrics during the megaphone section (1:32).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnIxlwui85Q

When most singers forget the lyrics, they get the audience to sing it or maybe shout something instead. But when Matt Bellamy forgets the lyrics, it's truly something special to witness.

"OUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUTARARARRARARARARARARARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you know what I mean, don't you know?

DADADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH you know what I mean..."