God I'd be happy if the only theatrics they use are hullaballoons next tour. Maybe the festival screens in arenas but no more conceptual nonsense, especially if it's like the tower/pyramid.

Nine Inch Nails did it right with the Tension tour and so did Radiohead with In Rainbows/TKoL tours. I prefer them to the towers/1984 stadium thing/pyramid/power station from what I've seen. Also please lower the goddamn stage or move the barrier back.

Pyramid wasn't conceptual nonsense, it made for a great-looking stage without giving them an excuse not to rotate songs. No negative sides to it imo.

It was a great looking stage but I wish they'd focus on innovating the usual band on stage + screens in the back setup. The pyramid was overly extravagant to the point where it isn't practical, for seats and floor people.

There's a lot of improvement and innovation to be had with the usual stage setup rather than working with weird shapes. Don't get me wrong, it definitely had a wow-factor but I've been amazed with less in the past.

The T2L pyramid had potential but I don't really think said potential was fulfilled.

Some songs had awesome visuals. Falling Down looked epic when it started to build up towards the end. Follow Me was pure eye sex. And of course that Freedom outro.

But then there was some real shit too. UD, with the tiniest part of the pyramid showing Matt in the crowd. Getting rid of the epic old SS visuals. Playing that same fucking Uprising video every single night.

GL couldn't be saved even with its eye candy. Makes me wonder why they got rid of the confetti... I'm guessing they were worried people would eat it.

I thought Uprising was great, and I generally liked the bright red and blue stuff. Yeah every night same video but assuming not everyone watched it over and over.

With you on Stockholm though. The old one had so much flashing and intensity it fit really well whereas the TV screens weren't as great. New Born also should've kept the R/L visuals.

The pyramid was overly extravagant to the point where it isn't practical, for seats and floor people.

How wasn't it practical?

There's a lot of improvement and innovation to be had with the usual stage setup rather than working with weird shapes.

What kind of improvement and innovation are you talking about?

Take out Animals & US and Matt may as well have said "Hey Brisbane, you suck!" on that goddamn megaphone.

It's the built up excitement from the previous gigs that must have made it particularly cruel for those who attended...

Like, Perth got Hyper Music, Adelaide got Bliss, and Melbourne got Fury + CE -- making Brisbane remarkably anti climactic.

It's the built up excitement from the previous gigs that must have made it particularly cruel for those who attended...

Like, Perth got Hyper Music, Adelaide got Bliss, and Melbourne got Fury + CE -- making Brisbane remarkably anti climactic.

It was my first Muse gig thankfully - otherwise I would have been disappointed!

Worst gig of the Tour: Loreley.

Nah, you're forgetting that location had the best sound of all locations ever. Amphi theatre much :yesey:

Setlist wise, yes, it was bad. But -

Coachella weekend 2 says hi.

- exactly.

I always loved KOC as a closer :supersad: Survival was good too, and Starlight...too weak to close. Final encore group, yes, but not closer, imo.