Yep, during BH&R and TR tours was an ok song in the middle of the set, but the way and the place is played now is an abomination.

Good news! NHK will broadcast in 8k, 'cos 8k is the future, i bet the next gig released by Muse will be filmed in 8k, a greatest hits set closed by the old fan favourite Follow Me.

Imagine this as last encore, all songs guitarless, of course :happy:.

Guiding Light

Starlight

Follow Me

• 3 weeks later...

Starlight really is very drab live now, lacks the power it had back in 2006. It was honestly decent on TR tour, not amazing but it was decent, not as weak as it is now.

It was quite interesting that some of Matt's tones - TiRO, Dead Star, Supremacy, Unnatural Selection, Hyper Music, even Uprising tbh were really good, yet some - Hysteria in particular were awful. Would not mind seeing Hysteria get given a break if it was replaced with something like Assassin or MK Ultra but the likelihood of that happening is like nothing

Starlight really is very drab live now, lacks the power it had back in 2006. It was honestly decent on TR tour, not amazing but it was decent, not as weak as it is now.

It was quite interesting that some of Matt's tones - TiRO, Dead Star, Supremacy, Unnatural Selection, Hyper Music, even Uprising tbh were really good, yet some - Hysteria in particular were awful. Would not mind seeing Hysteria get given a break if it was replaced with something like Assassin or MK Ultra but the likelihood of that happening is like nothing

I was thinking about this the other day, matt's guitar is miles better now it is so powerful and clear. I was listening to the solo in uprising between live at rome and the teignmouth version and the live and Rome is miles better. I think the kemper modeling amp has helped his tone a lot.

But hysteria sounds rubbish now :(

It sucks that they took crowd interaction to an extreme after last tour's complaints that even the reviews were mentioning. Last tour people were complaining that each show seemed like the same and it was "say two sentences to the audience along with Dom's "you were fucking great, see you next time, cheers" and get through the gig to repeat it the following day in a different city". Don't think anyone was asking for Undisclosed Desires barrier walks/hand touching and for the crowd to sing into the mic for Starlight.

Starlight is still a shit closer

I was thinking about this the other day, matt's guitar is miles better now it is so powerful and clear. I was listening to the solo in uprising between live at rome and the teignmouth version and the live and Rome is miles better. I think the kemper modeling amp has helped his tone a lot.

But hysteria sounds rubbish now :(

I agree - I felt the guitar tones for Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Supremacy, Survival, Unnatural Selection, TiRO, were beefy as fuck and fantastic - side note i also love the fuzz tone Matt has for the Madness solo

But Hysteria was so weak, even Chris' bass tone was weak and it just sounded a shadow of the performances i've seen on youtube of the Absolution tour, even a shadow of itself on TR tour, which wasn't overly powerful

It sucks that they took crowd interaction to an extreme after last tour's complaints that even the reviews were mentioning. Last tour people were complaining that each show seemed like the same and it was "say two sentences to the audience along with Dom's "you were fucking great, see you next time, cheers" and get through the gig to repeat it the following day in a different city". Don't think anyone was asking for Undisclosed Desires barrier walks/hand touching and for the crowd to sing into the mic for Starlight.

Starlight is still a shit closer

as much as I prefer UD with the keytar I actually liked the barrier walk I found it amusing when Matt put on hats or glasses from the crowd and it gave the show a more fun aspect, also Follow Me was decent with Matt just singing, if only Morgan's guitar playing had been more audible

but yeah Starlight in any position on the setlist this tour was shit

UD is strange as I liked the synth intro on the Resistance tour but thought the actual song was better and the barrier walk was amusing to watch.

Starlight was a poor choice as a closer in theory and in practice it was sonically poor.

Agreed on all points. I don't mind UD live now it's good to see Matt interacting and very funny most of the time.

Starlight still sucks though!

• 1 month later...