The german gigs have good points, they didn't end with Starlight, and the venue in Berlin was superb. For worst gig of the tour... no one remember the Iheart festival? I bet is between it and Coachella.

The best ones are Stade de France 2, and Zepp.

Well yeah; smaller venue size means less songs can be fit into the room.

Uh... well... the venue isn't exactly any smaller than a lot of the other US arenas... :unsure:

However, I've noticed that everytime I've seen a gig there that has a larger stage production - including both Muse gigs - there has been a noticeably shorter set than the average.

Could be anecdotal, or they could have some sort of odd curfew for getting the fuck out.

If not, it does seem odd that one state consistently gets shorter setlists.

The german gigs have good points, they didn't end with Starlight, and the venue in Berlin was superb. For worst gig of the tour... no one remember the Iheart festival? I bet is between it and Coachella.

The best ones are Stade de France 2, and Zepp.

Does the iHeart Festival even count as a gig? It was like 6 songs long!

You're right, Zepp was pretty shit too.

Well for starters you are putting words in my mouth, because I never said anything that could even be remotely construed as "pretty shit". But since you brought it up, Zepp was a novelty gig with some of the worst songs in the band's catalogue, a weak performance of Micro Cuts (which they should just stop playing) and one of their worst encores I've seen from Muse.

So yeah, come to think of it, Zepp was pretty shit. The fact they closed with Starlight is even more of an anticlimax (the point of my original post) after the barrage of "weird oldies" they played before it.

I always forget about Survival, when watching gigs I'm wondering what songs still remain and that one always slips my mind; forgot to mention it in this thread as well.

It is kind of funny as a short-term joke but in the end as a song it's kind of grotesque, so forced and just loud rather than truly heavy/poignant in message and execution. I hope it's a goner with the new songs arriving. I didn't mind it being the set closer for this tour since it was getting old to always close the set with KOC, but I truly hope the new album has better songs.

I agree. Survival is not one of Muse's best songs.

The board is such a toxic environment.

Most online forums are. Being a mod of this place reminded me why I started avoiding forums, because they often degenerate into an egotistical circle jerk of people being dicks to each other.

In all fairness I was being a prick myself by deconstructing Dee's post like that. Apologies Dee, I might not agree with you re: Zepp, but there was no good reason to satirise your post like that.

It was bullshit anyway. I don't think Zepp was great by any means, but it wasn't shit. What that set needed was less B-sides (except for Fury), more Showbiz/OoS singles and a better encore, then it would've been awesome.