You're right, Zepp was pretty shit too.

Eh, I don't care how many cool songs they play, if they close with Starlight (especially the guitar-less Starlight they've been playing recently) I'm gonna walk out disappointed and with a bad taste in my mouth. Objectively you have to admit that it's quite a let-down after getting something so fucking good.

Eh, I don't care how many cool songs they play, if they close with Starlight (especially the guitar-less Starlight they've been playing recently) I'm gonna walk out disappointed and with a bad taste in my mouth. Objectively you have to admit that it's quite a let-down after getting something so fucking good.

You know, when people talk about something like the 20th anniversary petition making Muse fans seem annoying, I call bullshit. But when people say "yeah, we got a bunch of B-sides and it was awesome, until Starlight invalidated the whole gig and made it shit", I'm inclined to agree. What a goddamn stupid fanbase we have.

Yeah I'm sure all the people at Zepp left the venue disappointed :yesey:

Oh yeah, did you miss the shitstorm that followed the Zepp gig? It got to the point where Bellz himself had to go on Twitter and say "Relax guys, we're never doing that again. #lol20thanniversary".

It's like one big, final "fuck you" to all of us... I just don't see what the point of them doing this anymore is, and the fact that they are targeting a lot of fan favorite gigs and songs just makes it more personal feeling.

Yeah, sure there's a lot of Dead Star vids up, but every single recent performance of Fury and Micro Cuts are muted, and you can't tell me it's a coincidence that many/most of the MM ones are too, going back to like 1999.

And changing to muting them was a great idea to stop piracy... but I'm still not convinced cell phone videos count as piracy. :noey:

You know, when people talk about something like the 20th anniversary petition making Muse fans seem annoying, I call bullshit. But when people say "yeah, we got a bunch of B-sides and it was awesome, until Starlight invalidated the whole gig and made it shit", I'm inclined to agree. What a goddamn stupid fanbase we have.

Well at least with a normal arena gig, you'd walk out on a high note (Survival). With the Zepp, I'd walk out thinking "they're capable of THAT and they stick to doing THAT?"

The gig wasn't shit, it was amazing but that really brought it down and I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I were there. Like seriously, what a bummer after something that amazing. Why end on something that is just so boring and so manufactured?

I think the over zealous hatred of Starlight is ridiculous. Its not that bad of a song. The vocals are great, the piano is nice. I get being sick of it but come on.

It's decent on the record but I'd say the hate it gets live is justified, particularly when it's used as a closer. I remember when someone managed to get the setlist during/before the Coventry gig and everyone thought they were joking when they said that Starlight was closing.

If it sounded like it did during the BHAR tour I'd be fine with it being played, but it's gotten increasingly naff with every tour.

It's decent on the record but I'd say the hate it gets live is justified, particularly when it's used as a closer. I remember when someone managed to get the setlist during/before the Coventry gig and everyone thought they were joking when they said that Starlight was closing.

If it sounded like it did during the BHAR tour I'd be fine with it being played, but it's gotten increasingly naff with every tour.

Aye the best live versions of Starlight were at the start of the BHaR tour when Matt played the piano parts on guitar. They got rid of that absurdly quickly, but its a bit much the progression has gone from Matt playing more guitar than there is on the record version to playing no guitar.

Even then, the version on the Resistance tour was reasonable enough. But the current version isn't as good as the older ones were.

Starlight would be fine live if they made it properly heavy again - massive bass, really loud piano + guitar playing it too, really crunching chorus and heavy outro too. I've always thought Starlight had the potential to be a bit like Bliss live, if they really went for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-j3clZRH3M

That one is a bit slow though, it's better played a tad faster. It sounds huge when the first chorus bit kicks in though :awesome:.