I guess I am alone here and no offense to Chris, but I'm not a fan at all. He kind of just sounds flat and I feel like the song just kind of meanders along.

To each his own I guess! I am sure he was quite nervous.

I kind of agree actually about his voice, but I dunno if maybe it's because he was nervous? I'm not gonna make any judgments on the song until I hear the studio version, but in all honesty, this song may never work very well live.

I don't really hate this song, I think it's actually okay other than the vocals. Ik it's supposed to be Chris' song but wouldn't it sound better if Matt were to do some backing vocals??

RAqdc.png

That was me last night.

I've been listening to the song all day, I just love it.

I like the kind of songs that sometimes don't really "go anywhere", if that's how you want to say it. I love the melody, and his voice. I think the album version will be even better (considering the sound quality of the live recordings and this being the first time it was performed).

This is so lovely - I'm soooo impressed by Chris's vocals. :happy: It's made me realise how little he's been able to show off his vocals in Muse tracks as the 'backing vocalist'. He's almost been wasted in that role, lol. I dunno why I expected both his songs to be angry and emotive, but this is probably the flip side of Liquid State, which is meant to be loud and punchy (?). He's really pouring out his emotions and it sounds like a quiet confession. I was proper welling up listening to it :$ I love this guy even more now! :D <3333

I love Chris, I really do...but that is so dull. I was worried about Chris' songs and this has unfortunately met my expectations. In my opinion he's a fantastic bassist and backing vocalist, sorry! I hope Liquid State is a better song, and I hope Chris can get some confidence for fronting songs live. This is the first performance obviously so I'm sure things will improve. I'd love to be proved wrong.

If it were sung by Matt, it would lack the emotion and wouldn't be tugging at the heartstrings of some the way it is now.

I'm sorry, but if he sang those lyrics, it wouldn't be as powerful a song IMO.

Agreed. I think it's more the fact that Chris is the big, silent guy who kind of stands in the back. We all knew he was very talented vocally, but this is the moment he steps into the spotlight and finally shines. I don't even care if his voice was shaky at times, because it added that much more to the emotion of the song.

Decent song, but I can't help feeling that it would have been 10x better being sung by Matt, especially since from what we've heard, The 2nd Law has the strongest Bellamy vocals to date.

This so hard.

Also, I love Chris and everything and it is indeed a beautiful song, but it definitely does NOT belong in a Muse album, in my opinion. I would feel more comfortable hearing and appreciating it on a solo project album. :)

If it were sung by Matt, it would lack the emotion and wouldn't be tugging at the heartstrings of some the way it is now.

I'm sorry, but if he sang those lyrics, it wouldn't be as powerful a song IMO.

I don't understand how Matt Bellamy, a master at showing emotion and expression through his vocals, couldn't handle the task? Musicians and vocalists write music/lyrics for each other all the time.

I fully support Chris, he's a beast and a musical hero. Just voicing my opinion.

Archived