nice, but... nothing special. the choruses are almost boring. I appreciate it that Chris wrote a song, but this song is just too monochrome for Muse.

I agree here.

Lyrics are brilliant but the song itself not so much.

Besides, I have difficulties to get used to Chris' voice... I'm sure it would grow on me after few days but for now he sounds kind of weird. I think I like him a little bit more in Liquid State. Better song in general.

Luckily it's growing on me, although it's definitely NOT the song I've listened to the most:D If there's something I don't really like it's that it doesn't build up to something epic, but at the same time that makes the song more special, so... I guess I'm starting to "accept" it:happy:

Ah, eso sí, Chris' voice is kind of a grower too hahaha

Save Me on the album is sooo much better than what we heard live. Chris was naturally nervous singing it for the first time so it didn't come across as well, even though his voice got stronger by the end and sounded good. But the impact of the studio version is great: it seems to float along really peacefully, haha. I really like it even though it's not typically something I thought I'd like, melodically. Chris is <3

Dreamiest Muse song ever.

Absolutely beautiful.

Definitely.

I really like it because it's a break from all of the chaos that is T2L, and of course the emotion and connotation involved is refreshing. I liked that comparison that this is like Showbiz-writing songs on the 6th album. Give him 3 more albums and he'll be really good at this schtick.

The vocals are so bad in the live version, hopefully it's just a confidence issue.

Well, it was his first time EVER doing main live vocals as far as I'm concerned, you can't expect studio version stuff there, especially since he was premiering in a fair sized crowd.

I mean, c'mon, if you listen to Muse's first gigs, Matt's voice wasn't exactly crooning either :LOL:

Archived