What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

It sounds like Matt wasn't totally involved in putting this song together (can't remember which interview) leaving a stripped down version in the studio and then coming back two days later to find that Dom and Chris had bulked it out. It's interesting to hear how they have worked on songs. And I suppose that puts a different light on concerns expressed earlier in this thread that this was too much of a Matt project.

It sounds like Matt wasn't totally involved in putting this song together (can't remember which interview) leaving a stripped down version in the studio and then coming back two days later to find that Dom and Chris had bulked it out. It's interesting to hear how they have worked on songs. And I suppose that puts a different light on concerns expressed earlier in this thread that this was too much of a Matt project.

Ya I remember hearing that. Not sure what they had when he left.

Because we want Muse to do well and want to know how well received their singles have been by people who aren't rabid fans like us.

Wouldn't people here come shouting "sellouts!" if the single had done very well? :rolleyes:

This type of thinking is really weird to me. The single has the best critical response to a Muse song in ages and has their collegues coming out saying it's their best song yet/has restored their faith in British music, and people think Madness is mere b-side material?

I don't see B-sides as something negative when it comes to Muse. And I meant it like how it sounds different if you were expecting a rock album. But then again, I'm not expecting that, and nor should anyone. :LOL:

I honestly have no idea what Matt is on about.

He left and when he came back it wasn't minimal.... What could they have added?

I assumed he meant it had to be stripped back again to remove all the extra stuff. Just speculating though.

I assumed he meant it had to be stripped back again to remove all the extra stuff. Just speculating though.

I assume he meant that they added the electronic stuff. Though it is confusing. I don't think he meant that he stripped away their work though.

Since it's a slow news say, a couple of tweets:

WarnerBrosPromo ‏@WarnerBrosPromo

"Madness" from @muse is the NUMBER ONE GAINER at Alternative this week. Thank you #RADIO!

Kevin McHale, aka the wheelchair guy in Glee:

"the new @muse song is bloody GREAT! I'm obsessed. #madness"

(No, I don't follow Glee actors on Twitter, I just searched "muse" to see if the album has leaked since people here speculated about it)

omg not enaff riffs! wat is dis dubstep pop shit? not real musik.

:noey:

I think he was referring to the last chorus and so on where it got "bigger". But in any case not sure what he had originally planned for the last part.

The song is minimal as it is. I wonder what is sounded like before Chris and Dom added onto it.

Archived