What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

It's not a review of your character I assure you :p

I'm a bit bored of this song now. I probably shouldn't have listened to it on a loop for an hour.

I know :chuckle:

The thing is I am yet to be bored with it, which isn't usual for me seeming as its such a poppy song :happy:

The guitar solo sounds too much like something Brian May would write...

Yeah, I agree - but I love it for that. I don't know Muse from a hill of beans, but I heard this song on the radio for the first time yesterday, and I immediately loved it. I love the techno-repetitive crisp production with dub-steppish undertones. It starts to lose me a bit near the end with the overlaid harmonies and sweeping sound fills - I like the sparser sound at the beginning of the song.

But it's freakin' awesome and makes me want to hear more of Muse!

It starts to lose me a bit near the end with the overlaid harmonies and sweeping sound fills - I like the sparser sound at the beginning of the song.

Strange - I thought the exact opposite :p However, I must say that it's really grown on me - when the last minute-and-a-half kicks in you realise that it is a really lovely song, even if it's not what you'd typically expect from Muse. Also, the general internet buzz seems really positive, as if this song could really be spreading their fanbase.

And contrary to what some people have said, I like the backing vocals and general production - that part in the second verse, where all the harmony vocals come in at different times, is brilliant :D :D

Yeah, I agree - but I love it for that. I don't know Muse from a hill of beans, but I heard this song on the radio for the first time yesterday, and I immediately loved it. I love the techno-repetitive crisp production with dub-steppish undertones. It starts to lose me a bit near the end with the overlaid harmonies and sweeping sound fills - I like the sparser sound at the beginning of the song.

But it's freakin' awesome and makes me want to hear more of Muse!

Welcome! This is actually quite a new sound for Muse, but there's a few songs like Undisclosed Desires and Map of the Problematic which are a little similar in their sounds, and hopefully you'll like what you discover in their back catalog.

Hannah, you can find the lyrics here: http://muse.mu/music-video/music/59.htm Just click on the lyrics tab.

These lyrics have caused the most confusion ever :LOL:. Even those ones from the website don't sound right. 'Yes I know I can't be wrong and baby you're too headstrong' sounds like a paradox, cos he's calling her headstrong yet is too stubborn to admit he can be wrong. Someone needs to ask Matt what they really are :p.

The booklet often has little mistakes.

OoS booklet still confuses me. H-8/Height being the big fail, imo!

That's one of my favourite moments from any Muse song ever. I'm not entirely sure why.

:yesey: Love it!

These lyrics have caused the most confusion ever :LOL:. Even those ones from the website don't sound right. 'Yes I know I can't be wrong and baby you're too headstrong' sounds like a paradox, cos he's calling her headstrong yet is too stubborn to admit he can be wrong. Someone needs to ask Matt what they really are :p.

I'm sure we'll be able to get a definite idea on what they are once we've heard it played live a few times.

I don't know what the actual lyrics are, but Matt clearly pronounces them like this:

And I have finally realised

I need your love

I need your love

Come to me

Just in a dream

Come on and rescue me

Yes I know

I can be wrong

Baby you're too headstrong

Our love is...

In other news, I still can't get myself to like the song. It's really just not the kind of music I usually want to listen to.

I don't know what the actual lyrics are, but Matt clearly pronounces them like this:

And I have finally realised

I need your love

I need your love

Come to me

Just in a dream

Come on and rescue me

Yes I know

I can be wrong

Baby you're too headstrong

Our love is...

In other news, I still can't get myself to like the song. It's really just not the kind of music I usually want to listen to.

Yes, I know

I can be wrong

"Maybe I'm too headstrong"

Fits in more with the rest of the lyrics, the lyric video and Matt's pronunciation.

Yes, I know

I can be wrong

"Maybe I'm too headstrong"

Fits in more with the rest of the lyrics, the lyric video and Matt's pronunciation.

I don't if they are the actual lyrics or not, but I definitely hear Matt saying "baby you're" instead of "maybe I'm". How would the latter fit the lyric video better, anyway?

And both of those fit the lyrics, but in different ways.

Archived