What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

The song keeps growing on me :D

Btw, Muse enters the chart @ nr. 42 in Holland.

http://megatop50.3fm.nl/#/list/204425

Dutch alternative music station ;)

Also there was an page long article in one of our main papers. Let me quote a few lines:

"Muse has sold around 50 million albums worldwide. Nonetheless they're hits barely get played at radio stations and television. But that's the way Muse loves it: Being an outsider, and secretly making their way up to the biggest band on the planet."

gotta love that :happy:

my own estimation is that there's no real old Muse-fan that truly likes this song. New fans seems to enjoy it, it's the same thing with the The Restistane-album. It's definitly not the same as before. Something happend after Absolution, even if Black holes and revelations is ok.

I understand that they are trying out something new, but this is not the same Muse I fell in love with seven years ago..

I'm so disapointed. I really hope the rest of the album turns out better then Madness. And that they will do some older songs at their tour.

my own estimation is that there's no real old Muse-fan that truly likes this song. New fans seems to enjoy it, it's the same thing with the The Restistane-album. It's definitly not the same as before. Something happend after Absolution, even if Black holes and revelations is ok.

I understand that they are trying out something new, but this is not the same Muse I fell in love with seven years ago..

I'm so disapointed. I really hope the rest of the album turns out better then Madness. And that they will do some older songs at their tour.

Hypothetical:

You started liking Muse around BH&R but your favourite album hands down is OoS? Am I allowed to like the song then?

Oh god that username

I'm in tears

It occured to me that Madness would be a really good B-side. Do you think they will release any B-sides this time around? It seems they only write as many as is needed for one album. (As I understand it, Prague was created afterwards or something.)

Judging from the people who like the song, I'd say it seems to be a slow grower that didn't get good for a lot of people until the 20-30th listen.

That's not really a good trait for a single.

calm the FUCK down

I just checked YouTube and saw that Madness has close to 4,000 dislikes. :stunned: Survival only has about 1.5k dislikes. There's about 1k difference in likes between Survival and Madness.

Madness has picked up quite a few views for a lyric video that's been out for 6 days.

why make music like madness when they can perform like this..

Says he is open minded

Wants 12 different renditions of SS on each album.

Edit: Before people start crying, I'm not insulting him for not liking Madness. Just pointing out how ridiculous what he just said was.

Madness has picked up quite a few views for a lyric video that's been out for 6 days.

It's good that it's receiving much exposure, just not sure about the dislike count. Even UD and Resistance managed to keep it below 2k dislikes, while NSC has about 2.5k dislikes. Not a big matter anyway. :LOL:

Anyone else feels unsatisfied with the radio edit? Kinda loses it's charm, me feels.

It occured to me that Madness would be a really good B-side. Do you think they will release any B-sides this time around? It seems they only write as many as is needed for one album.

Chris has said in one of these billion interviews they had a bunch more stuff than what made the album, but from what I can remember he also made it sound like those other ideas didn't necessarily get too far into the studio process--if they even entered the studio for real at all.

It's possible we'll get b-sides, but I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath.

.. That's what I said.

I can see that you are from Indonesia. So when I (and people in general) say "quite a few" we mean it's doing well.

oh, sorry! so that's what it actually meant:LOL: thanks for the lesson:happy:

"Muse has sold around 50 million albums worldwide. Nonetheless they're hits barely get played at radio stations and television. But that's the way Muse loves it: Being an outsider, and secretly making their way up to the biggest band on the planet."

gotta love that :happy:

They haven't sold that many albums.

Archived