What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Weird about that trend with the chart position dropping (during one week sales),maybe it's about the surge of Muse fans buying it right away and then the number swindling, because it's not like most of the casual fans/listeners have caught on yet.

To me it seems that the buzz surrounding this song is exceptionally good for recent Muse song. If it is promoted right, I think Muse might have a UK top 10 in their hands /US alternative rock chart high placer (even cracking Billboard 100 if it gets promoted to top 40 radio?).

Then again, I was certain Survival would chart much higher for the visibility alone, but I was under the impression that the Olympics would feature it much more prominently.

I actually think this song can be really good live. When the guitar solo kicks in which I think Matt will fill out a lot more the tension will build for that big drum roll and then if Matt goes for those high notes (which I have more faith in after the closing ceremony) it will be so powerful!

Also, at the 'come to me' part do we think Matt will sing the high part and chris the low or the other way round?

I want to start a club for people who liked Madness from the start. We'll all hang out in a tiny log cabin and listen to This Is a Muse Demo on vinyl as we sip on Pabst Blue Ribbon and wear berets.

We'll have to take photos of ourselves doing this and put them on Instragram (after artisticly blurring them and making them black-and-white, of course.)

I will hack into your computer and replace all your songs with Boyfriend by Bieber.

You WILL learn what good pop is :phu:

That song had great potential, the restrained style of the beginning is great but the chorus falls flat :phu: It's actually weird you diss Madness for the same reason that is kind of the driving idea behind Boyfriend, that held-back, very stripped style.

That song had great potential, the restrained style of the beginning is great but the chorus falls flat :phu: It's actually weird you diss Madness for the same reason that is kind of the driving idea behind Boyfriend, that held-back, very stripped style.

Boyfriend is catchy though, that's the big difference.

Archived