How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

:mad: are you kidding me? A cheese theme? Seriously you people need to get a grip... Obviously the lyrics sucked, he had to write this for stupid people who wouldnt be able to comprehend a typical Muse song because of there lack of intelligence. In my opinion the music was amazing, I'd love to see a band besides Muse try to come even CLOSE to what they did in this song. As for your "cheese theme"... I honestly think you've just got your head stuck in the sand. The Resistance was a great album with some of the best music this decade. If you want old Muse, go listen to old Muse, but the rest of us are moving forward because belive it or not, we enjoy new music instead of denouncing it because it isnt a carbon fucking copy of OoS.

NO ONE IS ASKING FOR ANOTHER OOS. I'm sick of seeing people say this :rolleyes:

The naivety is strong with this one.

Where did Renee say that she is the one who infracted/banned him? She is simply familiar with the rules of the board, which I'm pretty sure prohibit personal attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I never thought she was the one who infracted/banned him. I'm just pointing out that 'Renee' is being unnecessarily patronising and you all need to loosen up a bit and enjoy life rather than jumping down peoples throats about a joke.

Also it wasn't a personal attack - I believe he said you should "all" be shot

Agreed.

Freddie is gonna come back from the grave and round kick their heads off.

PS. Getting banned for that? srsly? Doesn't surprise me people are still getting banned for silly crap they say. I doubt anyone took luke serious and thought they were gonna get shot for liking a song..

Ya might join him for agreeing :p. He insulted everyone on the boards unnecessarily. That's ban-worthy. He doesn't have to like what's said here, but no need to abuse others for it.

Might have already been brought up, but as Muse is one of my favourite bands I thought I'd drop this on here in case any one from Muse's circle listen in :

Warner Brothers have released the track on Sound Cloud :

Sound cloud is the easiest site to rip music off...ever.

1) Go to this URL, right click the page, view source.

2) Search for 'streamUrl'. The first URL you find is the link to the track MP3

Each MP3 will have a slightly different URL depending on your session in the browser, but basically, this link will probably work for everyone and take you to the MP3...

http://media.soundcloud.com/stream/A7iWyNB3AtHR?stream_token=6utb8

Just saying - not encouraging piracy, trying to help Muse out and get them to take it off the site as this (at least I thought) is common knowledge with Sound Cloud which is why a lot of bands only put promo / samples on there! Save your music, Muse!

Just listened to the song a few times on my iPod and for some reason I quite like it now. It seems more rounded and acceptable as a Muse track, however ridiculous the start is, BUT it should not be the official track for the Olympics, it doesn't work at all.

That's the only way it works :LOL:

Ya might join him for agreeing :p. He insulted everyone on the boards unnecessarily. That's ban-worthy. He doesn't have to like what's said here, but no need to abuse others for it.

I didn't take it as an attack, insult, or ABUSE..... I took it as his opinion, seeing as he isn't serious about shooting people. I took it as someone who couldn't believe others would honestly like that song. That's it. And if I "join him" for agreeing that I don't know why people honestly find that song epic, then that is ridiculous.

I didn't take it as an attack, insult, or ABUSE..... I took it as his opinion, seeing as he isn't serious about shooting people. I took it as someone who couldn't believe others would honestly like that song. That's it. And if I "join him" for agreeing that I don't know why people honestly find that song epic, then that is ridiculous.

People have different tastes?! :eek:

Shocking.

So it's going to be like elbows one day like this in terms of when and how often it is played during Olympics coverage? :)

I wish iTunes gave us the prelude :( but more to look forward to just from the album :happy:

I'm glad they released such a bombastic track first, so while we wait for the next I can listen to each individual part of the song and take it apart in my mind. And I am happy that Matt said the first single is a lot more stripped back but climatic. Plus can people give me examples of 80s jazz/disco music that panic station is apparently like...

Dont like the song at all. i really hope its not on the new album. Why is matt singing in that weird style and who wrote the lyrics?

Im a massive Muse fan, always have been but between the dub step and now this i think this is where the line ends!

Archived