Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

The reason I like it is because all the typical "dubstep" wobble and synthesized "grit" is being done by Matt on his guitar. It smacks as a love letter to the genre, while doubling as a parody.

By the way, this "dubstep" is not representative of proper dubstep.

For you all. I promise its quite listenable:

As far as I can tell, Skrilly is way more bass driven and aggressive than this clip, which is more guitar-centered. Plus he uses more 'human' voice samples and twists them whereas Muse have chosen to go full-on robotic. Also Skrill doesn't build up his stuff with orchestration stuff... Just because Skrillex is the most recognizable figure in 'dubstep' per-say doesn't mean that anything that has even a slight drop sounds like him.

Wow, that sounded atrocious. The "vocal" sound is terrible. Not even judging the "dub step" genre, if this is a serious element of a song, that will be disappointing. There are parts that remind me of "end of song feedback noises & general guitar shenanigans" and that I am fine with, but the overall package is just cringeworthy.

Dubstep is electronic music, not rock music. A rock band playing it, although somewhat oxymoronic, it is hardly jumping on the bandwagon in a sense. Metalcore has the exact same thing going as modern "Brostep", just without synths and purely guitars.

KoRn and Enter Shikari have already 'integrated' dubstep into their sound though. Consequently, it looks like Muse have blatantly bowed to trends, whatever their real intention.

Well I have to say I'm kinda relieved they went in that direction, cause lately I've found myself being more and more attracted to dubstep (I've had Bangarang stuck in my head for a good solid week :p )

I sort of guessed they would go in a techno direction, so good for them!

I'm always open to try new music, and what better way to be introduced to it than by Muse!

Good to see they're releasing it earlier than I thought!

:p

Yay!

Dubstep is ear-rape, so I don't feel good about it.

Thank You.

I feel disgusted , and I can only hope that they won't be embracing it fully because, in my eyes (ears actually) , they will be sell-outs. Before anyone jumps at me for this, this is just me and my point of view.

Thank You.

I feel disgusted , and I can only hope that they won't be embracing it fully because, in my eyes (ears actually) , they will be sell-outs. Before anyone jumps at me for this, this is just me and my point of view.

If you hate it, I have no problem.

But it doesn't necessarily mean the band are sell-outs

You feel 'disgusted'? That's a bit strong. Why does doing a different type of music make them sell-outs to you?

Well I have to say I'm kinda relieved they went in that direction, cause lately I've found myself being more and more attracted to dubstep (I've had Bangarang stuck in my head for a good solid week :p )

I had a listen to that song earlier after someone mentioned it. Yet again, another Skrillex track being mislabelled as "Dubstep"! :(

I had a listen to that song earlier after someone mentioned it. Yet again, another Skrillex track being mislabelled as "Dubstep"! :(

You seem to be very consistent on making sure people have the correct usage of dubstep. I wish you luck good sir.

Archived