Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

Gonna assume it's just another patch of random other-genre experimentation that they've stuck in the middle of a patchwork-y album without anything else being vaguely dubsteppy, in the same way as The Resistance

Muse albums have always been patchwork-y to an extent. Nothing new to The Resistance or this next album.

Anyone offended by a thirty second clip of brostep-inspired noise from Muse takes the band waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I think part of the appeal for Muse is the pure ridiculousness of their presentation. It's always been so incredibly epic, pushing the boundaries of what most of us would consider is in good taste.

I stated before that the "dubstep" (please notice the quotes) bit smacks as a simultaneous nod to the genre--which is overblown, sonically ridiculous, and purposefully visceral--and a parody of it. The only synthesizer being used in the section is the a vocoder to say the word "Unsustainable." The rest is the band doing their thing, and Bellamy just making obnoxious noises with his guitar. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek.

The rest is the band doing their thing, and Bellamy just make obnoxious noises with his guitar. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I don't actually really hear Chris much. Seems like there's bits of really low pitch shifted bass, but that's it..He's been known to do that during riffs, too, though..

Muse a dubstep is a perfect mix if you ask me, dubstep is a powerful sounding sub-genre of electronic music, heavy and it's not metal, and a good live experience.... there's a lot in a common. Just think about the genre they covered or try to experiment with.... I think this new sound will more true to muse than their earlier stuff like SMBH , Guiding light, invincible even.

Muse always wanted to put some electronic sounds in their albums since the OOS days, I think dub-step would suit them very well. And if they want to be heavy but non-metal this is a good way to go....

I think it's gonna bring back coolness back into muse! Young rebel coolness.

I'd like to take this moment to say how cool it is to see people defending Muse on this board. I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the positive vibes until the album/setlists start to irritate people. :LOL:

This, pretty much.

I'd like to take this moment to say how cool it is to see people defending Muse on this board. I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the positive vibes until the album/setlists start to irritate people. :LOL:

Completely missed this.

It feels really nice tbh.

wobblegothwobblegothwobblewobblewobblegoth

:awesome:

Everyone loves our wobblegoff moments.

We embrace all them genres, oh yeaaaaaaaah. I reckon we need some guitars on the next album. OMG DD HAVE GONE ROCK, FUCKEN SELL-OUTS

Muse Track - Plug on Baby - tastefully converted to Dubstep. http://t.co/BP7HZKij

I rarely comment on forums but I just wanted to say dubstep isn't all bad. Chances are we are still going to pay out to see an amazing show in October with or without dubstep. Just count your blessings they produced another album instead of disbanding.

For me Deb Step is just loads of squelchy, farty, electro noises synched together with repetitive beats? I can see this being awsome live. Dont just pigeon hole it as Dub Step and give up on it because you dont like the genre, open your mind a bit and decide once its been heard in all its glory.

Them embracing dubstep was, in my mind, one of the most obvious things that would have happened, and I presume it to be a good thing. They have always had a nack for snazzy synthesised additions to their music, and I have no doubt they will do justice with dubstep.

For me Deb Step is just loads of squelchy, farty, electro noises synched together with repetitive beats? I can see this being awsome live. Dont just pigeon hole it as Dub Step and give up on it because you dont like the genre, open your mind a bit and decide once its been heard in all its glory.

Exactly. Besides, this is not actually dubstep. Inspired by, perhaps, but it's unique and different.

Same :happy: some people who don't often have a kind word to say about them are being very mature and positive - dis pleases me

Them embracing dubstep was, in my mind, one of the most obvious things that would have happened, and I presume it to be a good thing. They have always had a nack for snazzy synthesised additions to their music, and I have no doubt they will do justice with dubstep.

RayFan is back :awesome::awesome:

Just gonna leave this video I made lying round here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ltyoI-ENs

I for one am glad they're taking a dubstep approach, even if it is just for a small number of songs. Even though it's not part of the rock genre, I think they've been boring as hell in the last 6 years and this is bringing some excitement back into their music and live performances. Can't wait til the album comes out!

I am really really not a fan of this. I've just not been able to get behind dubstep at all, music that people normally say to me "It's just great when you're off your face" never really seems to appeal to me.

I think whatever they do I'll probably just be pining for old Muse, maybe not even old, just 2006 and earlier muse.

As long as they do something inventive and original with it, then bring it on. If it sounds like crappy generic hipster garbage, then :(

This.

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

Ok, I got that off my chest, I love it. because it's so different yet familiar. I agree with what people are saying, it sounds like Muse.

Also how the f*ck are they gonna attempt this live :LOL:

Same here.

At first I was really worried, but the more I think about/listen to it, the more I like it. It really is just an expansion of what Muse has already done. Particularly live, with their jams and the Kaoss solo for SMBH.

I agree and personally I like it as well.

Archived