Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

So instead of incoporating something new to their music and doing it in a very unique way you think they Gould play the same old stuff again and again?

There are other ways to gain originality. Let's not be that extreme - playing the same old stuff again and playing what all the others are - not the only two options.

If that is the case, then I wish that they had done it earlier (not that I would like it cuz I fucking hate dubstep,but I would consider it respectable at least) ...

I like The Resistance, but it's their least original album ever. So I am kinda scared that The 2nd Law might top that.

Well thank you for at least proving to us that James' diagnosis was correct.

There are other ways to gain originality. Let's not be that extreme - playing the same old stuff again and playing what all the others are - not the only two options.

But you said you wanted them to stick to their thing :erm:

That kinda goes against being original.

If that is the case, then I wish that they had done it earlier (not that I would like it cuz I fucking hate dubstep,but I would consider it respectable at least) ...

I like The Resistance, but it's their least original album ever. So I am kinda scared that The 2nd Law might top that.

What does them doing it earlier have to do with anything? I'm not to fond of dubstep either, but I maintain the view that this isn't goddam dubstep.

Care to explain why?

1. Sticking to their thing =/= being original.

2. Assuming that they only make Skrillex-inspired music because it's popular at the moment.

3. Thinking that the music in that trailer is dubstep.

But you said you wanted them to stick to their thing :erm:

That kinda goes against being original.

Stick to their thing doesn't have to mean repeating themselves. They could find a new dimension in their music by exploring their sound more, and showing something brave and fresh (like the first part of the trailer) instead of going for dubstep...

1. Sticking to their thing =/= being original. You are an idiot if you think that you can't do both.

2. Assuming that they only make Skrillex-inspired music because it's popular at the moment. That is only an assumption.

3. Thinking that the music in that trailer is dubstep.Unlike 90% of people here, as well as the title of the topic.

edited...

Stick to their thing doesn't have to mean repeating themselves. They could find a new dimension in their music by exploring their sound more, and showing something brave and fresh (like the first part of the trailer) instead of going for dubstep...

Because Muse have never done anything orchestral before, so that is definitely fresh.

Unlike 90% of people here, as well as the title of the topic.

You can't do both.

Translation: "I don't like dubstep"

How can you even tell that they're not gonna do something brave and fresh with the Skrillex-influenced sound anyway? It's a 30 second preview goddamnit.

Who the fuck gives you the right to say that? Stupid kid.

Lol. I can't call you an idiot but then you immediately call me stupid?

I called you an idiot and (rightfully so might I add) because a) you felt disgusted at music and b) because you feel as though this trailer would make Muse sellouts.

Lol. I can't call you an idiot but then you immediately call me stupid?

I called you an idiot and (rightfully so might I add) because a) you felt disgusted at music and b) because you feel as though this trailer would make Muse sellouts.

Or we could just say that you assumed that he was an idiot, but just didn't state is as such.

Apparently that's okay :awesome:

Yes, it's only an assumption, which is why you would have to be an idiot to call Muse sellouts for it.

To quote myself:

I can only hope that they won't be embracing it fully because, in my eyes (ears actually) , they will be sell-outs.

End quote.

This is a case of "what if" - so , if they do embrace dubstep fully, I will be disappointed and I will consider them sellouts. I didn't say they are sellouts, I said that there is a possibility that I might call them that if they should go all dubstep.

Come on,you are better than that...

To quote myself:

I can only hope that they won't be embracing it fully because, in my eyes (ears actually) , they will be sell-outs.

End quote.

This is a case of "what if" - so , if they do embrace dubstep fully, I will be disappointed and I will consider them sellouts. I didn't say they are sellouts, I said that there is a possibility that I might call them that if they should go all dubstep.

Word of advice after your PM to me: It's time to put your shovel down. You've done enough digging for today.

To quote myself:

End quote.

:LOL:

How are you not even able to understand your own post? Your post STILL means that if they embrace dubstep fully, you will consider them sellouts. And that still means that you assume that they are only doing it because it's popular, and not because they actually think it's good.

I'm not gonna say that you're better than this, because I know you're not.

Archived