Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

Still no one will explain why Skrillex is not Dubstep. Or how they're different. :(

Electronic Dance Music genres are generally defined by tempo & rhythm rather than sounds used (That leads to all the various sub genres). Most Skrillex songs use straight 4/4 drum beats at around 130bpm, which actually makes a lot of what he does Electro House/Fidget House. Dubstep is half-time 2-step Garage-esque breakbeats at around 140bpm.

Electronic Dance Music genres are generally defined by tempo & rhythm rather than sounds used (That leads to all the various sub genres). Most Skrillex songs use straight 4/4 drum beats at around 130bpm, which actually makes a lot of what he does Electro House/Fidget House. Dubstep is half-time 2-step Garage-esque breakbeats at around 140bpm.

This, though, is correct.

Skrillex is mainly just electro house. He does "dubstep" too, but its not at all representative of the intended sound of the genre. He took and made it extremely aggressive and dissonant.

It's not at all listening music. It's music for copious amounts of drugs and mosh pits. Metalcore with synths.

The wobble in Dubstep is almost an approximation of the bass playing in dub reggae. Its, like Haze said, 2-step Garage with Dub Reggae and Drum n Bass influences.

This, though, is correct.

Skrillex is mainly just electro house. He does "dubstep" too, but its not at all representative of the intended sound of the genre. He took and made it extremely aggressive and dissonant.

It's not at all listening music. It's music for copious amounts of drugs and mosh pits. Metalcore with synths.

The wobble in Dubstep is almost an approximation of the bass playing in dub reggae. Its, like Haze said, 2-step Garage with Dub Reggae and Drum n Bass influences.

Thank you both! :)

But I don't think Americans ruin everything. Some stuff, yes. :(

i do not like dubstep. the conflict of muse playing dubstep is messing with my head. how can you love something you hate? I hope that this features on one song, for as long as it did in that trailer and then disappears forever and dies in a supermassive black whole.

i do not like dubstep. the conflict of muse playing dubstep is messing with my head. how can you love something you hate? I hope that this features on one song, for as long as it did in that trailer and then disappears forever and dies in a supermassive black whole.

so agree with you!

It sounds quite similar to some of the inter riff improv the band have been doing at the ends of songs for years anyway, just more polished.

This, actually. It's just a stompy riff really, just with a bit of wubbbbbb

Archived