Say Something Positive About The Resistance Tour

Bs

Oh yeah the power outage! Forgot about that. That was really cool. Very rare occassion. Plus we got two guitar solos :3 That was the highlight of the night.

I am the biggest Islanders fan ever, so the highlight of the night for me was the lasers going crazy on those stanley cup banners during New Born! I was going to bring an Islanders jersey to throw on stage but I couldn't afford it! When they played in Dallas the Stars give Matt, Chris and Dom Stars jerseys in the dressing room.

I am the biggest Islanders fan ever, so the highlight of the night for me was the lasers going crazy on those stanley cup banners during New Born! I was going to bring an Islanders jersey to throw on stage but I couldn't afford it! When they played in Dallas the Stars give Matt, Chris and Dom Stars jerseys in the dressing room.

What do you make of the Islanders potentially moving to Barclays Center in BK?? Nassau Coliseum is a shithole of a venue, as we all witnessed firsthand with the power outage, and that dump should have been razed years ago. By the way, love how the band just walked on to the stage and just picked up right where they left off. No problemo. :)

What do you make of the Islanders potentially moving to Barclays Center in BK?? Nassau Coliseum is a shithole of a venue, as we all witnessed firsthand with the power outage, and that dump should have been razed years ago. By the way, love how the band just walked on to the stage and just picked up right where they left off. No problemo. :)

If that kept them in NY, I would be all for them in brooklyn.

The power outage wasn't Nassau Coliseum's fault though. That can happen anywhere. And it sounded better than MSG did, that's for sure! But yeah the concourse is awful there.

It was so bad-ass when the power went out, they handled it perfectly.

Probably doesn't count, but seeing Muse open for U2 and absolutely killing it.

MSG 3/5 - First Muse headlining show. Witnessing MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection. AMAZING live.

Prudential Center 10/24 - Being in the pit and CITIZEN ERASED. Greatest 7 minutes of my life.

Loved:

Queuing for the first time at a Muse gig.

Bliss, RBS and riffgasm at LA night 2.

Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts at the LA Rising soundcheck.

Randomly meeting Matt, Dom and Kirk.

Seeing the hexagons for the first time.

MotP and Butterflies at LA Rising.

Wolstenfootie and meeting Chris in LA.

Citizen Erased, Butterflies and MotP at Outside Lands, using a traveling sign to get recognized by Chris and thrown the harmonica, and getting hit in the face with an eye balloon after whining that I have never been able to touch one (:LOL:).

But most of all, all the amazing people I met and have become close friends with. I love you guys and I will always love Muse for enabling me to meet you all through their touring.

I can't wait to meet more of you on the next tour.

Final Resistance Tour Thoughts (Now that the tour is officially over):

-Was lucky enough to see them three times this tour. (I know others saw them many more times, but to my standards it's a lot.) :awesome:

-Really great stage setup in regards to the arena tour.

-Uprising is a beast live.

-Great tour to get themselves known better throughout the United States. (Compare this tour with sold-out arenas to the Absolution tour in which they were stuck playing bars+small clubs)

Only downside was [and i'm sure most of the forum thinks the same] is how Muse limited themselves with setlist throughout the entire tour. Not gonna place the blame only on Matt as many tend to do, they are a band and if any of them had a problem with the sets i'm sure something would have changed. And KoC as closer for 99.5% of the gigs [only handful of times they closed with Take a Bow] was somewhat lame. Great song, don't get me wrong, but it would've been better if they shuffled closers around more often.

Highlights of the tour from my perspective:

Staples Center 9/25/10

-Passion Pit sounded great even though I sat behind the tours and didn't see their faces at all :supersad:

-sitting quite close to the left branch of the stage. Didn't expect to get that with my cheaper tickets

-Uprising as the intro song...not a favorite song of mine but it's an amazing opening!

-the visuals...great work by Tom Kirk!

-seeing the streaked Glitterati's last gig!!! I loved that guitar... :'(

-seeing New Born, MK Ultra, and Unnatural Selection :D I listened to New Born on repeat the summer before.

-seeing those famous knee slides live for the first time :p

Outside Lands 8/13/11

-being at the barrier, right in front of Matt's mic. :D and seeing those hexagons up all day.

-sneaking in my DSLR and taking some good shots. I was upset about not being able to bring it to Staples Center but OSL security were much more relaxed

-seeing Matt, Dom, and Tom lurking at the side of the stage during Arctic Monkeys and Black Keys

-...and yelling out their names in response :LOL:

-CITIZEN ERASED!!!!!! Butterflies & Hurricanes, and MoTP

-popping an eye balloon. :p I went a bit mad while trying to touch one

-seeing Matt play some amazing riffage up close

-guitar throw that must've induced a thousand orgasms

It's also amazing that the guys performed Megalomania (aside from R+L) and Sunburn during the tour. :) Didn't get a chance to hear either at my gigs, but I'm happy for all the Musers who had the privilege of seeing those songs performed recently. I'm hoping to have these songs checked off my bucket list...'til the next tour!

• 2 weeks later...
It's a bit of a shame that playing Origin in its entirety has, for me, upstaged the entire Resistance element of the tour :LOL:/:facepalm:.

I totally expected that tbh. The Resistance tour was made even more shit after getting crushed by R/L.

I just realised something that I think was definitely a positive thing: They didn't play Prague live.

It's a bit of a shame that playing Origin in its entirety has, for me, upstaged the entire Resistance element of the tour :LOL:/:facepalm:.

Although the only gig I saw other than Leeds was Wembley 11th, Which was amazing, I'd agree.

I just realised something that I think was definitely a positive thing: They didn't play Prague live.

Inb4 it replaces GL in the setlists.

Archived