Say Something Positive About The Resistance Tour

Bs

I guess I'll add to my list that I got to hear CE twice, which is my absolute favorite Muse song ever (one of the few US fans who can say I've heard it more than once without having to leave the country haha), and got B&H and CE at the same gig. That was pretty incredible. It's so sad that things like that are so uncommon though... Grrr, Muse. *shakesfist* /secret negativity

EDIT: Well... I'm kinda grouping the very brief US Summer "tour" with the Resistance tour... the setlists were similar enough :LOL:

Got to see them for the first time ever (and my second concert ever too!) on the first night in Melbourne, and even though most didn't stand up and the general atmosphere was apparently not one of the good ones on that leg, I still loved it...

My setlist was relatively good (CE and Sunburn... and no GL!), and the setup and sound were good, but the support act (Biffy... would have much preferred dead letter circus like in brisbane!) and the lead up to the start were uneventful, but I can't compare it to any other shows, so I can just stick with saying it was the best night ever and leave it there...

Uprising was a great opener, United States of Eurasia is very fun live and I have no problem keeping it in the piano section of the sets. MK Ultra is awesome. Unnatural Selection is the highlight of my first 2 Muse concerts, there was so much energy when they played it. Had it not been dropped it would have made a perfect substitute for New Born (which I feel was getting a bit dull).

The tour brought back Butterflies and Hurricanes, Citizen Erased, Ruled by Secrecy, and Take A Bow as semi-common (not as rare as before at least). Too bad I never got to see the last two.

They've been fucking everywhere too. They've returned to almost every festival from the Black Holes and Absolution Tours, including Glastonbury and R&L. As well as some new ones. What I believe to be a pretty good stadium tour for their first real one. Also special gigs like the homecoming Teignmouth gig and full OoS at R&L coming up.

While I wasn't too happy with their sound at the start of the tour, by the time the summer 2011 gigs came along (I'll group it in since it's "Resistance Era" touring) the band was sounding beefier than ever. Had the setlists included maybe some more rarities and variation I might have stood its own against the BH&R summer tour (maybe for some people it did. I can only assume since I didn't go to any pre-Resistance concerts).

I saw them 4 times this tour:

Toronto:

-brought a couple of friends and my dad, they are all now big fans

-first time seeing them

-unnatural selection got played!

-realized that stockholm syndrome is just fucking rediculous live!

Cincinnati:

-my first road trip with friends

-awesome city

-easiest concert i ever did, it was a seated floor :p

-seeing the reaction of my friends face as the curtains dropped off the towers :stunned:

Columbus:

-really young and energetic GA (it was a university town)

-talked to the kirkbot, got his setlist

-ruled by secrecy!!!

-we got a piece of a balloon!

Indianapolis:

-another road trip with my dad :p

-smallest venue, and closest i was to the stage all tour

-butterflies & hurricanes (this might be one of the greatest moments of my life thusfar)

-meeting the musers :D

-hearing Citizen Erased get soundchecked :'( it was so beautiful

Those four concerts were all unforgettable experiences. I'll admit that being a boardie i did go in with very hopeful expectations (I was always waiting for that rarity to show up) and there was always a small sense of disappointment after the concert and I always tried to avoid talking about setlists with anyone because i didnt want to give anyone hope, so i kinda had to deal with that myself. If anything I learned that if I want their shows to meet my expectations, I need to see them in either Japan, New York, Los Angeles, or Wembley Stadium (of which I should start saving for ;) )

It should also be noted that i died when they played Where the Streets have No Name with The Edge. I love U2 and that's my favourite U2 song, so seeing my favourite band play one of my favourite songs was absolutely a dream come true, and just thinking about how i felt in that moment gives me chills, as does everything i mentioned about each concert above.

I can't wait for the next tour, and for Guiding Light to be dropped :p

Had my first proper gig since the one in 2003 was a mistake really :LOL:

So Hovet 09:

18 songs + Interlude and Helsinki Jam

-Exo-Uprising intro was great (would've liked to se WATU too though)

-New Born before it went sucky, no matt-piano though :( Headup riff after :D

-Best SMBH solo, hands down

-Unnatural selection closing the main set was a beef

-Early Hysteria intro (Matt plays the same riff)

-Got two Showbiz-songs, instead of FG

Cave (piano) and Unintended (which I was really into atm so it was kinda perfect)

-Stockholm Syndrome in Stockholm is always extra epic

I think for the most part the Resistance tour was on par with the BHAR tour, we all know they were under rehearsed for the initial arena shows, but from 2010 onwards the band were on fire. Pretty much all of the new songs turned into fantastic live songs, especiallly Uprising, MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection. I thought that Wembley 2010 (night 2) easily rivalled Wembley 2007 (night 1). I was lucky enough to go to five shows on the last tour, they were all briliant but the main highlights of each were:

Liverpool Echo Arena

-Got to see Cave

-New Born followed by Unnatural Selection was pretty hectic

-My first time seeing Muse standing :)

-Stockholm Syndrome with the balloons was awesome

Glasgow SECC

-Slightly longer setlist than Liverpool (got MOTP and Feeling Good)

-The Glasgow Jam was very fun :D

-It might not be as good as it once was, but New Born was amazing that night

Manchester LCCG

-The band were on top form

-Great to her TaB again, as well as Citizen Erased and B+H

-First time seeing the 'Pyramid' stage

Wembley Night 1

-I have a big soft spot for NSC, and it was a beast live.

-IBTY also sounded immense

Wembley Night 2

-MK Ultra :D (absolutley massive live)

-Bliss (finally got to hear it, 6th time lucky)

-Ruled By Secrecy (my fav Muse song at the time)

-Best show of the whole tour for me, setlist and performance wise

aww :( I was only pretty nooby agout riffs and such so I didn't realize KoC was coming when MWaH came on :LOL:

I remember being sooo bored during Unintended and Undisclosed Desires. Hearing Exogenesis 1 open gave me goosebumps. Shame the concert left me slightly disappointed(might have had something to do with the fact that I didn't eat or drink for the whole day, went straight to queuing and never left :LOL:)

I remember being sooo bored during Unintended and Undisclosed Desires. Hearing Exogenesis 1 open gave me goosebumps. Shame the concert left me slightly disappointed(might have had something to do with the fact that I didn't eat or drink for the whole day, went straight to queuing and never left :LOL:)

UD was pure shit, but I've always liked Unintended both live and on record.

oh I had been drunk for the first time the night before and felt shit all day too :LOL: I didn't even notice the change of lyrics, thus it was the song I knew the best and was most looking forward too

EDIT: During MOTP

UD was pure shit, but I've always liked Unintended both live and on record.

oh I had been drunk for the first time the night before and felt shit all day too :LOL: I didn't even notice the change of lyrics, thus it was the song I knew the best and was most looking forward too

EDIT: During MOTP

aaaw, first hangover. Poor thing :LOL:

Tiegnemouth 2nd Night

- Cave was epic

- Got to hear some of the new songs

- Loved Unnatural Selection

o2 Arena 1st night

- My favorate stage set up

- New Born lasers

- Epic version of Plug in Baby & Unnatural Selection

Wembley 1st night

- Butterflies & Hurricanes & Take a Bow

- Got to hear new songs like Nuetron Star Collision and I Belong to You. (something different)

Wembley 2nd night

- MK Ultra was insane.

- Got Citizen Erased for the first time and Bliss was also really Good

- Ruled By Secrecy

- Great version of Exo 1.

Archived