Say Something Positive About The Resistance Tour

Bs

NYC in spring '10: Got MK Ultra, of which I'm not the hugest fan, but I'll admit it was fun. They also played 18 songs, though I wasn't able to appreciate this until we saw the average arena set length drop to 16 songs a little later.

Newark in fall '10: This was the last show for me and I went knowing full well that I might be leaving disappointed. When Matt came out during Nishe with a guitar and he wasn't seated at the piano, I was all :confused: and then when Citizen Erased started up I was :eek: and then I was :dance: the rest of the way. So I'm glad that my Resistance Tour experience ended on a good note. :)

Newark in fall '10: This was the last show for me and I went knowing full well that I might be leaving disappointed. When Matt came out during Nishe with a guitar and he wasn't seated at the piano, I was all :confused: and then when Citizen Erased started up I was :eek: and then I was :dance: the rest of the way. So I'm glad that my Resistance Tour experience ended on a good note. :)

Were you the man with the "gorilla arms" holding up the camera? Cause I may have kicked you in the head a couple times being tossed around and all. :D

Chicago:

-The towers were an amazing stage setup visually

-We Are the Universe :awesome:

-And of course getting to see Muse live for the very first time. Yeah I didn't get any rarities or anything but since I have never seen any Muse songs live before it wasn't a huge deal for me. :p

Indianapolis:

-Really enjoyed a lot of the riffs and jams they played like the Kaoss pad jam before SMBH and the Helinski jam was awesome.

-Butterflies and Hurricanes!

-Was a TON closer to the stage. 11th row compared to cheap seats way in the back at Chicago.

-Probably the only time I'll ever get to see Muse with an audience of under 9000. I loved how intimate the gig felt.

-The band had great energy and just put on an overall fantastic show!

I had some really bad anxiety at my gig, and it soured the memories for me. Thinking about it positively though, the gig was actually pretty damn good. For one, Sunburn! And CE! The crowd was good, even on the slower songs, plus the sound was awesome. :)

I liked the setlists for the most part. Sure they're a bit predictable if you're an avid sexy planer, but for 99% of people this is a non-issue. (On a related note, I promised myself I wouldn't read the setlists next tour. So naturally I apply to mod a forum where the setlists are posted. :LOL:)

Overall I think the tour was pretty good, now Matt just needs to go on a dairy-free diet next album and we're set.

I had some really bad anxiety at my gig, and it soured the memories for me. Thinking about it positively though, the gig was actually pretty damn good. For one, Sunburn! And CE! The crowd was good, even on the slower songs, plus the sound was awesome. :)

I liked the setlists for the most part. Sure they're a bit predictable if you're an avid sexy planer, but for 99% of people this is a non-issue. (On a related note, I promised myself I wouldn't read the setlists next tour. So naturally I apply to mod a forum where the setlists are posted. :LOL:)

Overall I think the tour was pretty good, now Matt just needs to go on a dairy-free diet next album and we're set.

I think for next tour like you I'm not going to read the setlists or even look at pictures of the stage setup or anything and just be in for a complete suprise at my next gig! :D While I still had an amazing time at the 2 gigs I went to this tour I feel like all the setlist beef and watching so many live videos of Muse on youtube kind of spoiled not knowing at all what was going to happen for me.

Alright, I'll say some more in-depth things about the tour:

It was my first time seeing Muse live, as I wasn't actually convinced I had to catch their live show until watching the webcast of KROQ Acoustic Christmas back in 2007. Then I swore to catch their very next show here, which wouldn't be until 2 years later (and coincidentally at the exact same event). Apparently that '09 show had a terrible setlist, but that was before I was really posting on the boards and didn't know any better, so I thought it was awesome. Oh, how I've become jaded since then. :LOL:

So I made a bunch of friends here and met up with them at subsequent shows, which has been a really awesome and life-changing experience. Although I've queued for barrier for other bands before, I never had done it at 6am until Muse, so thanks to Muse, I now show up to venues super early for no apparent reason because I'm paranoid. Oh well. I had a fantastic time at each of the shows I went to, and hey, turns out I got some pretty decent setlists by the admittedly shallow North American Resistance Tour standards. (Bliss, RBS, B&H, CE. And hey, getting the only performance of NSC outside Europe has to count for something, right? No? Okay, never mind. :p The important thing is that I managed to get Citizen Erased live more times than I got Feeling Good. :D)

But really, I'd say the people I met were what made the tour so special. Not even meeting the band themselves was quite as cool as meeting boardies. :)

Teignmouth was something special. I'll never forget driving down at 1am dosed up on Haribo and Red Bull and then queuing for God-knows how long.

The arena shows didn't impress me at all. I was a big fan of the BH&R arena setup so really, no highlights stick out. :LOL:

Wembley was definitely impressive. I enjoyed the cheese on night 1 and the epic set list on night 2. The sound was amazing!

E;9253763']Were you the man with the "gorilla arms" holding up the camera? Cause I may have kicked you in the head a couple times being tossed around and all. :D

Gorilla arms? :LOL: Here's my Citizen Erased video from that night, so you tell me.

Nice avatar. I have an EMUS T-shirt that I make sure to wear at Muse shows.

MK Ultra would have been a really great single. Length would have prevented Unnatural Selection from being one without a massive radio cut, though, which probably would have sounded awful (I heard a shortened version of US once with the calmer section cut and it didn't work as well). Disappointed that both songs faded from shows toward the end of last year. US was great every time but I didn't even get to hear MK Ultra live once. The three singles off the album will probably stick around for another tour, methinks, so prepare yourselves for another round of everyone's favorite bathroom break, a.k.a. Undisclosed Desires. (Uprising is very good live, though, so I'll welcome it back. End riff helps.)

MK Ultra would have been a really great single. Length would have prevented Unnatural Selection from being one without a massive radio cut, though, which probably would have sounded awful (I heard a shortened version of US once with the calmer section cut and it didn't work as well). Disappointed that both songs faded from shows toward the end of last year. US was great every time but I didn't even get to hear MK Ultra live once. The three singles off the album will probably stick around for another tour, methinks, so prepare yourselves for another round of everyone's favorite bathroom break, a.k.a. Undisclosed Desires. (Uprising is very good live, though, so I'll welcome it back. End riff helps.)

I really thought Unnatural Selection would become a staple song in The Resistance Tour. :noey: I was pretty sad to see it go. MK Ultra was just as good live. I like US a *tiny* bit better though.

Stunning visuals.

Great entrance.

Curtain fails.

Bliss in LA.

Citizen Erased in New Jersey,

Ruled By Secrecy.

New Born lasers, and New Born fail on Long Island.

Riffgasm.

Sold out arenas in the USA... who woulda thought?

Standing 10 feet away from Kate Hudson at Staples Center.

Flying Eyeball Balloons.

Helsinki Jam.

Rotating Drum kit.

Sitting behind the band and being able to see everything.

Hearing Matt and Dom say the same lines every gig.

Never hearing Chris talk.

I think for next tour like you I'm not going to read the setlists or even look at pictures of the stage setup or anything and just be in for a complete suprise at my next gig! :D While I still had an amazing time at the 2 gigs I went to this tour I feel like all the setlist beef and watching so many live videos of Muse on youtube kind of spoiled not knowing at all what was going to happen for me.

Good idea! I'm thinking the element of surprise is important to get the full impact of a gig, though I'd say knowing what songs to expect is much less of a spoiler than knowing what visuals / song changes to expect. Either way, less is more!

Nice avatar. I have an EMUS T-shirt that I make sure to wear at Muse shows.

Thanks. :LOL: I've been meaning to buy that shirt too, if only I could find a supplier that ships to Aus.

Thats the total opposite of what I did for this tour haha. I knew 99% of the set my day, I was only surprised from New Born, and that feeling of surprise felt good haha. What's also funny, is I told my dad the whole intro, and he said, 'How do you know all this?" :LOL: I agree with you though, I may very well just do that for the next tour.

Stunning visuals.

Great entrance.

Curtain fails.

Bliss in LA.

Citizen Erased in New Jersey,

Ruled By Secrecy.

New Born lasers, and New Born fail on Long Island.

Riffgasm.

Sold out arenas in the USA... who woulda thought?

Standing 10 feet away from Kate Hudson at Staples Center.

Flying Eyeball Balloons.

Helsinki Jam.

Rotating Drum kit.

Sitting behind the band and being able to see everything.

Hearing Matt and Dom say the same lines every gig.

Never hearing Chris talk.

What? :stunned: Where was she, and what night? I only went to the first night.

Thats the total opposite of what I did for this tour haha. I knew 99% of the set my day, I was only surprised from New Born, and that feeling of surprise felt good haha. What's also funny, is I told my dad the whole intro, and he said, 'How do you know all this?" :LOL: I agree with you though, I may very well just do that for the next tour.

What? :stunned: Where was she, and what night? I only went to the first night.

Second night. She was at the soundboard. I am 99% Kurt Russel was also in there. Nobody really noticed because everybody tried to move up!

Archived