Say Something Positive About The Resistance Tour

Bs

Most likely this. He wouldn't want to strain or damage that voice now, would he?

A year ago I was on the way to Wembley now. :happy:

He has to avoid those chest notes to save that voice so that he can perform these chest notes for a long time forward.

...ohwait.

To be honest, I can understand people being upset over the setlists and int he same position I'd be gutted but from my perspective I got decent variation from the 4 gigs I went too. The only staples were:

Plug In Baby,

Time Is Running Out,

Hysteria,

Stockholm Syndrome,

Starlight,

Supermassive Black Hole,

Knights Of Cydonia,

Uprising,

Resistance,

Undisclosed Desires.

Considering from the 4 gigs I went too, had an average of 19 songs played, to have 10 staples is not too bad. Meaning on average, the other 9 were varied. Looking at it from this perspective, I can't really complain. I mean, the variation for me means I got too see:

Cave,

New Born,

Bliss,

Space Dementia,

Hyper Music,

Citizen Erased,

Micro Cuts,

Screenager,

Dark Shines,

Feeling Good,

Megalomania,

Butterflies & Hurricanes,

Ruled By Secrecy,

Take A Bow,

Map of the Problematique,

United States of Eurasia,

Guiding Light,

Unnatural Selection,

MK Ultra,

Exogenesis Pt.1.

Granted most of OoS got played at Leeds but for a tour promoting The Resistance, I'd say over the course of the 4 gigs, I've seen a good variety of songs, many of which wont be played again.

I'm happy as long as in the future, the older songs still get a decent look in on rotation and aren't compensated for the sake of pretty graphics.

To be honest, I can understand people being upset over the setlists and int he same position I'd be gutted but from my perspective I got decent variation from the 4 gigs I went too. The only staples were:

Plug In Baby,

Time Is Running Out,

Hysteria,

Stockholm Syndrome,

Starlight,

Supermassive Black Hole,

Knights Of Cydonia,

Uprising,

Resistance,

Undisclosed Desires.

Considering from the 4 gigs I went too, had an average of 19 songs played, to have 10 staples is not too bad. Meaning on average, the other 9 were varied. Looking at it from this perspective, I can't really complain. I mean, the variation for me means I got too see:

Cave,

New Born,

Bliss,

Space Dementia,

Hyper Music,

Citizen Erased,

Micro Cuts,

Screenager,

Dark Shines,

Feeling Good,

Megalomania,

Butterflies & Hurricanes,

Ruled By Secrecy,

Take A Bow,

Map of the Problematique,

United States of Eurasia,

Guiding Light,

Unnatural Selection,

MK Ultra,

Exogenesis Pt.1.

Granted most of OoS got played at Leeds but for a tour promoting The Resistance, I'd say over the course of the 4 gigs, I've seen a good variety of songs, many of which wont be played again.

I'm happy as long as in the future, the older songs still get a decent look in on rotation and aren't compensated for the sake of pretty graphics.

The thing is, for parts of the tour like US leg 1, the variations were more like

New Born

Feeling Good

Map of the Problematique

MK Ultra

And anything not on that list that was played was a staple. Mainly the UK and to some extent the summer gigs got the most rotation.

To stay on topic though, I like that even if it was just a few times, Muse showed that they can still pull off an amazing performance. I hope their future stages take influence form the R&L stage.

*COUGH* Australia *COUGH* Japan *COUGH*

They were rather small tours, I kinda skipped over them :$, Anyways the small tour size in said countries may have contributed to the more rarities.

But yes, those two had more rotation, and definitely more rarities. Plus Japan has a great track record with Muse gigs in general.

They were rather small tours, I kinda skipped over them :$, Anyways the small tour size in said countries may have contributed to the more rarities.

But yes, those two had more rotation, and definitely more rarities. Plus Japan has a great track record with Muse gigs in general.

Yeah, small tours, but more rotation than the UK, Europe and the US got put together, which is a bit crazy. I'm going to Japan in a few years. I'm hoping that if I'm lucky, it might coincide with Muse's 6th album tour over there. I don't know obviously, but it would be cool to finally here some of those things that only they seem to get.

Yeah, small tours, but more rotation than the UK, Europe and the US got put together, which is a bit crazy. I'm going to Japan in a few years. I'm hoping that if I'm lucky, it might coincide with Muse's 6th album tour over there. I don't know obviously, but it would be cool to finally here some of those things that only they seem to get.

I'll probably go to Asia next tour just so I can fucking hear Dead Star once in my life.

That's what I did, lol. I'm the guy that shot the Deadcuts OH MY GOD.... YEAAAAAAH video at the Budokan. Pretty fucking amazing.

I wanted to make a multi-cam of that. You ended being the only one with footage of Dead Star on YouTube. I doubt Nico Video or something would have more.

Next tour, if it's worth going, I'll probably go to Japan and the UK to hopefully catch a rarity gig and an important gig. Odds in the US are too low. Both countries have awesome venues anyways.

Something positive is that they played exo in full. Something negative is that it was only played for a soundcheck. Lul

Also, fuck dead star. I wanna hear cant take my eyes off of you. Far more rare. Watch next time they go to Japan, they play something crazy rare like Futurism or Recess. inb4 first live performance of falling away with you.

Something positive is that they played exo in full. Something negative is that it was only played for a soundcheck. Lul

Also, fuck dead star. I wanna hear cant take my eyes off of you. Far more rare. Watch next time they go to Japan, they play something crazy rare like Futurism or Recess. inb4 first live performance of falling away with you.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You may be more rare, but I'd much rather hear Dead Star, even if it was played every night.

Anyways, the soundcheck didn't have the full versions as far as I remember.

Nah, they'll read this thread, realise we're all going to Japan hoping to hear rareties, and play a set full of hits instead! :awesome::(

Nah, they'll read this thread, realise we're all going to Japan hoping to hear rareties, and play a set full of hits instead! :awesome::(

Then let's all say we're going to some other country instead :ninja:

Anyways maybe I could find some of the Japanese Muse releases there, and other games I can't find here (although that's off topic....)

I still think this tour was 10 times better than BH&R tour. I actually thought TR tour was good bar a couple of things (song choices and set length at certain shows)

Aside from the fact that the BH&R era had

City of Delusion

Assassin

Fury

Showbiz

Sunburn

Apocalypse Please

Ruled By Secrecy

Dead Star

Sing For Absolution

Micro Cuts

Muscle Museum

With the possibility of ending up with Fuji Rock 10' setlist? A good gig but with a setlist ordinary as fuck.

Also with the possibility of ending up with Dead Star, CTMEOY, Sunburn and whatever else they feel like playing.

He was at Roskilde. I don't think the setlist can get much worse than that for 15 songs.

Nothing will be worse than Roskilde. Ever.

City of Delusion

Assassin

Fury

Showbiz

Sunburn

Apocalypse Please

Ruled By Secrecy

Dead Star

Sing For Absolution

Micro Cuts

Muscle Museum

Well, TR had

US

MK Ultra

Cave

Sunburn

Ruled By Secrecy

Dead Star

B&H

Unintended

IBTY :awesome:

and probably a few that I have forgot.

City of Delusion

Assassin

Fury

Showbiz

Sunburn

Apocalypse Please

Ruled By Secrecy

Dead Star

Sing For Absolution

Micro Cuts

Muscle Museum

I said apart from set length and song choices...

I mean, all the stage setups they used this tour were better than any they had on the BH&R tour. Their performances generally seemed a lot better than they did on the BH&R tour where to me it seemed like some songs were getting a bit stale. Also Matt's tone was atrocious in parts of the BH&R tour. On the Resistance tour his tone has been amazing (apart from TIRO). SS from Reading was incredible

Archived